Health Check program
- The megaphone of marketing. Hewitt, Lynda // Food & Drink Technology;Mar2007, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p3
The author reflects on the importance of a healthy diet and how it promotes a prevention to various types of diseases. The issues regarding the side effects of some dietary supplements and excessive in take of vitamins had been addressed. With this, the government and industry in Europe...
- a natural reaction. Elliff, Scott; Gibson, Joni; Vernon, Chris; Krause, Roberta; Monton, Celia; Hutchins, Kelly; Purtell, Jennifer; Brown, Pam // Health (Time Inc. Health);Dec2004, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p16
Presents letters to the editor referencing to articles and topics discussed in previous issues of the periodical "Health." "Law of Nature," which discussed the use of nutritional supplements; "Why Can't I Lose Weight," which discussed polycystic ovary syndrome; "Getting Back to Normal," which...
- LETTERS TO TAC. DeLuca, Denis // American Chiropractor;May2005, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p8
Presents several letters to the editor related to the articles published in the previous issue of the journal "The American Chiropractor." Discussion on laws threatening to end nutritional supplements in the U.S.; Comments on the design of the front cover of the April issue of the journal.
- Factors Associated With the Intake of Dietary Supplements. Nayga Jr., Rodolfo M.; Reed, Debra B. // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;1999, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p43
Presents information on a study which examined the relationships between sociodemographics, lifestyle characteristics and a number of attitudinal factors and the intake of dietary supplements. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion on the study; Conclusions.
- Household Expenditures on Vitamins and Minerals by Income Level. Lino, Mark; Dinkins, Julia M.; Bente, Lisa // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;1999, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p39
A version of this research brief, along with other articles examining the use of food stamps to purchase dietary supplements, appears in "The Use of Food Stamps to Purchase Vitamin and Mineral Supplements" (Food and Nutrition Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, September 1999).
- MuscleTech Hydroxycut Hardcore Pro Series. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Feb2011, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p204
The article presents information on the sports supplement MuscleTech Hydroxycut Hardcore Pro Series.
- NMI Report Offers Insight on Consumer Health. // Nutraceuticals World;Oct2013, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p22
The article focuses on "2013 Nutritional Supplement/OTC/Rx Consumer Insight & Market Opportunity Report" which examines the intersection of dietary supplements, OTC, pharmaceuticals and consumer directed healthcare.
- Ask the experts. Ali, Elvis // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Aug2009, Issue 322, p51
The article provides an answer to a question on the supplements that can increase the energy level.
- HEALTH. Cooperman, Tod // Best Life;Apr2008, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p29
The article provides an answer to a question about supplements.