- Brayman Article Doesn't Represent Reality. Snodgrass, Mark // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p16
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Beyond Monte Carlo Analysis: An Algorithmic Replacement for a Misunderstood Practice," by Shawn Brayman in the December 2007 issue.
- Behavior of intrinsic Si point defects during annealing in vacuum. Gossmann, H.-J.; Rafferty, C.S. // Applied Physics Letters;9/11/1995, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p1558
Examines the effect of vacuum annealing on the behavior of silicon (Si). Use of antimony and boron superlattices as determinants of Si defect; Relationship of interstitial concentration with the number of annealings; Importance of vacuum anneal on surface concentration.
- Isomerization activation barrier of a three atom dipolar cluster. Cheng, Vincent K.W. // Journal of Chemical Physics;5/22/1998, Vol. 108 Issue 20, p8456
Examines the isomerization activation barrier of a three-atom dipolar cluster by simulated annealing and nongradient optimization. Discussion on the isomerization pathway; Comparison between the activation and inversion barriers of LJ[sub 3]; Details on the dipole moment range in the close pack...
- Multicanonical jump walk annealing: An efficient method for geometric optimization. Xu, Huafeng; Berne, B. J. // Journal of Chemical Physics;2/8/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 6
A new global optimization method, multicanonical jump walk annealing (MJWA), is proposed and applied to the geometric optimization of Lennard-Jones and Morse clusters and the hydrophobic (B), hydrophilic (L), and neutral (N) (BLN) protein model. The method efficiently finds the global minima of...
- Erratum: Optimization of a distributed Gaussian basis set using simulated annealing: Application to the adiabatic dynamics of the solvated electron [J. Chem. Phys. 89, 1592 (1988)]. Sprik, Michiel; Klein, Michael L. // Journal of Chemical Physics;6/15/1989, Vol. 90 Issue 12, p7614
Presents a correction to the article 'Optimization of a Distributed Gaussian Basis Set Using Simulated Annealing: Application to the Adiabatic Dynamics of the Solvated Electron.'
- Laminated fabrication of polymeric photovoltaic diodes. Granstrom, M.; Petritsch, K. // Nature;9/17/1998, Vol. 395 Issue 6699, p257
Presents a study which described two-layer polymer diodes fabricated by a lamination technique followed by controlled annealing. Applications involving conjugated polymers; Device structures.
- Weakly Gibbsian representations for joint measures of quenched lattice spin models. Kulske, Christof // Probability Theory & Related Fields;2001, Vol. 119 Issue 1, p1
Abstract. Can the joint measures of quenched disordered lattice spin models (with finite range) on the product of spin-space and disorder-space be represented as (suitably generalized) Gibbs measures of an "annealed system"? - We prove that there is always a potential (depending on both spin and...
- On efficient use of simulated annealing in complex structural optimization problems. Hasancebi, O.; Erbatur, F. // Acta Mechanica;2002, Vol. 157 Issue 1-4, p27
The paper is concerned with the efficient use of simulated annealing (SA) in structural optimization problems of high complexity. A reformulation of the working mechanism of the Boltzmann parameter is introduced to accelerate and enhance the general productivity of SA in terms of convergence...
- Foreword. Laporte, Gilbert; Osman, Ibrahim H. // Annals of Operations Research;1996, Vol. 63 Issue 1-4, preceding p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Chiang and Russell on an approach for vehicle routing with time windows, another one by Sohn on the implementation of parallel simulated annealing and its application to the traveling salesman problem and another...