DRIVING ME CRAZY
- Diesel and manual car numbers rise. // Employee Benefits;May2003, p12
Discusses the report 'Company Cars: The Driver Perspective,' issued by Godfrey Davis Contract Hire, focusing on company car benefits in Great Britain. Increase in number of company car plans that offer diesel-engined automobiles; Increase in number of drivers using cars with manual transmission...
- Choking off free fuel. Merrick, Neil // Employee Benefits;May2003, p15
Focuses on company car plan benefits for employees in Great Britain. Increase in fuel taxes; Increase in number of employees deciding to avail of fixed fuel allowances.
- Futile exercise. Jacobs, Charles // Northern New Jersey Business;1/11/95, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p19
Reports on the United States government's order for several companies to complete employee trip reduction proposals. US Environment Protection Agency's (EPA) estimation of the cost of the proposals; Reduction in vehicular emissions.
- Commuting expenses: Deductibility under latest ruling. Van Alst, Lucinda L. // Ohio CPA Journal;Jun96, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p18
Discusses a tax court ruling on commuting expenses. Comparison of the tax court ruling and the Internal Revenue Service ruling; Provisions of the rulings; Court cases.
- In transit. Motavalli, Jim // E: The Environmental Magazine;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p44
Enumerates the advantages of corporate commuter plans in the environment and citizens in the United States (US). Details on the popularity of car pooling; Information on the federal highway bill passed by the US Congress in 1991.
- Business groups to launch separate shuttle bus routes. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;4/1/96, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p20
Reports on the plans of business groups Destination Tarrytown Task Force and the Hawthorne Area Employers Network to launch shuttle bus routes for their employee commuters. Cost of shuttle operations; Cost of ride; Expected number of users; Route connections.
- Make plans to travel. // Works Management;Apr2000, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p5
Focuses on the development of travel plans for commuting and business travel, delivery and fleet vehicle journeys. Encouragement of employers to implement travel plans for work sites; Provision of integral support for company travel plans; Availability of the resource pack from the Energy...
- How to implement car salary sacrifice for your business. // Employee Benefits;8/15/2014, p4
The article presents a video of a Summer School tutorial presented by Andrew Leech, sales director at Fleet Evolution, which gives tips on how to implement car salary sacrifice in business.
- Benefits seek to loosen the grip of gridlock. Lee, Karen // Employee Benefit News;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p48
Reports on the employee commute programs established by employers that provide incentives for workers to share rides or take public transportation. Advantage of the employee commute programs; Criticisms against the program; Information on the employee commute program of Nike; Information on...