Disseminated tuberculosis in a Crohn's disease patient on anti-TNFÎ± therapy despite chemoprophylaxis
- Oral Tolerance for IBD. Margalit, Maya; Ilan, Yaron // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Dec2006, Vol. 101 Issue 12, p2890
A response by Maya Margalit and Yaron Ilan to a letter to the editor about their artcle "A double blind clinical trial for treatment of Crohn's disease by administration of Alequel, a mixture of autologous colon extracted proteins," is presented.
- Induction of Pustular Lesions During Infliximab Therapy for Crohn's Disease. Pérez-Pérez, Lidia; Caeiro, José-Luis; Fabeiro, José-María; Allegue, Francisco; Zulaica, Ander // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;2008, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p292
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Induction of Pustular Lesions During Infliximab Therapy for Crohn's Disease," by Lidia PÃ©rez-PÃ©rez, Francisco Allegue and Ander Zulaica.
- Basiliximab and Infliximab for the Treatment of Steroid-Refractory Crohn's Disease. Price, Michelle; Probert, Christopher S. J.; Creed, Tom // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct2008, Vol. 103 Issue 10, p2665
A letter to the editor is presented that reports a case of a 24-year-old woman with steroid-refractory Crohn's disease who has been treated sequentially with basiliximab and infliximab.
- Is ileocaecal Crohn's disease L1 or L3 according to the Montreal classification? Peyrin-Biroulet, Laurent // Gut;Mar2008, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p427
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on the clinical practice for Crohn's disease treatment classified of the Montreal Working Party that published in the previous issue.
- Mucosal Healing of Crohn's Disease Demonstrated by Capsule Endoscopy in a Woman With Obscure Gastrointestinal Bleeding. Akhtar, R. Y.; Lewis, Blair S.; Ullman, Thomas // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr2009, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p1065
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article regarding the mucosal healing of crohn's disease in the previous issue.
- Cutaneous Metastatic Crohn's Disease Responsive to Infliximab. Petrolati, Alessandra; Altavilla, Nadia; Cipolla, Rosanna; Fenderico, Pompeo; Forlini, Giuseppe; Nasoni, Silvia; Rossi, Zaccaria // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr2009, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p1058
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the treatment of cutaneous metastatic Crohn's disease through the administration of infliximab.
- Crohn's Disease of the Common Bile Duct and Ampulla Causing Obstructive Jaundice and Acute Pancreatitis. Rivas, John M.; Erim, Tolga; Berho, Mariana E.; Petras, Robert E.; Castro, Fernando J. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr2009, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p1053
A letter to the editor is presented which details the treatment of patient with a history of Crohn's disease (CD) of the common bile duct and ampulla that caused obstructive jaundice and acute pancreatitis.
- Dosing azathioprine in thiopurine S-methyltransferase deficient inflammatory bowel disease patients. Derijks, L. J. J.; Van Helden, R. B.; Hommes, D. W.; Stokkers, P. C. // Gut;Jun2008, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p872
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Safe treatment of thiopurine S-methyltransferase (TPMT) deficient Crohn's disease patients with azathioprine (AZA)," by Kaskas and colleagues.
- Nutritional therapy for active Crohn's disease. Smith, Paul A.; Sheikh, Rafiq A. // World Journal of Gastroenterology;7/21/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p4420
Nutritional therapy for active Crohn's disease (CD) is an underutilised form of treatment in adult patients, though its use is common in the paediatric population. There is evidence that nutritional therapy can effectively induce remission of CD in adult patients. Enteral nutrition therapy is...