Patella Alta: Association with Patellofemoral Alignment and Changes in Contact Area During Weight-Bearing
- Tailored tibial tubercle transfer for patellofemoral malalignment: analysis of clinical outcomes. Pritsch, Tamir; Haim, Amir; Arbel, Ron; Snir, Nimrod; Shasha, Nadav; Dekel, Shmuel // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Jul2008, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p628
A response is presented by the authors of the article "Tailored Tibial Tubercle Transfer for Patellofemoral Malalignment, which was published in the October, 2007 issue, to a letter published elsewhere in this issue.
- Tibial tubercle osteotomy. Koëter, Sander; Wymenga, Ate // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Jul2008, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p627
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Tailored Tibial Tubercle Transfer for Patellofemoral Malalignment" published in the October, 2007 issue.
- Patellofemoral pain. Post, William R. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Jan98, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p68
Focuses on the diagnosis for complex causes of patellofemoral disorders. Information on the treatment; Discussion based on the results of the diagnosis. INSETS: Pain diagrams aid diagnosis;Why rehabilitation requires exercise.
- Abstracts. Thompson, Clint // Journal of Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers' Associ;Jul-Sep97, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p262
Presents an abstract of the article `Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome: A Critical Review of the Clinical Trials on Nonoperative Therapy,' by B. Arroll, E. Ellis-Pegler and others, which was published in the `American Journal of Sports Medicine' 1997.
- A comprehensive treatment approach for patellofemoral pain syndrome in young women. Thomee, Roland // Physical Therapy;Dec1997, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p1690
Presents a study which evaluates the treatment approach for patellofemoral pain syndrome (PFPS) patients. Details on the subjects used in the study; Method in which the study was conducted; Findings of the study; Discussion on the study.
- The effect of patellar taping on the onset of vastus medialis obliquus and vastus lateralis... Gilleard, Wendy; McConnell, Jenny; Parsons, David // Physical Therapy;Jan1998, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p25
Presents a study which sought to determine how patellar taping on the onset of activity affects the vastus medialis obliquus muscle (VMO), and the vastus lateralis muscle (VL) in patients with patellofemoral pain syndrome. Details on research methods employed in this study; Reference to changes...
- Abstracts of current literature. Belyea, Barbara // Physical Therapy;Jun1998, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p650
Presents a summary of the article `Effects of Corrective Taping of the Patella on Patients With Patellofemoral Pain,' by L. Herrington and C.J. Payton which was published in the `Physiotherapy' journal dated 1997.
- Medial patellar taping of female basketball players changes peak plantar pressure location and... Ullery, R.; Nyland, J. // Journal of Athletic Training (National Athletic Trainers' Associ;Apr-Jun98 Supplement, Vol. 33 Issue 2, pS17
Tests the hypothesis that medial patellar taping would change peak plantar pressure location during a basketball lay-up. Information on the subject group which was studied; Data which was collected; Results of the study; Conclusion drawn from these results.
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome. Davidson, Kent // American Family Physician;11/15/1993, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p1254
Discusses patellofemoral pain syndrome. Symptoms; Diagnosis; Treatment.