The Ethics of Sham Surgery in Clinical Orthopaedic Research
- CORRESPONDENCE. Dykes, Evelyn H.; Freeth, S.J.; Marteau, Theresa M.; Seedhouse, David; Sheppard, M.; Fraser, C.G.; Fogarty, Yvonne; Mowat, Alex P.; Mielli-Vergani, Giorgina; Howard, Edward R.; Dawood, Richard M.; Porter, Alison W.; Kishen, Roop; Bowles, Brenda J.M.; Davies, Robert J.O.; Hopkin, Julian M.; Carson, Peter; Chew, C.A. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/19/89, Vol. 299 Issue 6697, p513
Presents several letters to the editor published in the 'British Medical Journal' as of August 1989. Inquiries related to selection of surgeon as leader for the trauma team; Interrelations between the death at Lake Nyos and carbon dioxide emission; Scrutiny on the ethical practices involved in...
- 24-hour emergency cover research. Nute, Jill; Paull, Nicky // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;10/25/2008, Vol. 163 Issue 17, p519
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons' (RCVS) 24-hour emergency cover guidance.
- Letter: Ethical issues in endoscopic surgery. // Surgical Endoscopy;Mar2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p522
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the editorial "Ethical Issues in Endoscopic Surgery," by Lobe which appeared in the previous issue.
- Innovations in colorectal surgery. // Techniques in Coloproctology;Jun2009, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p167
Two letters to the editor are presented about the breaches in the medical and surgical ethics and innovations in colorectal surgery by F. Boffi.
- Videotaping. Chotechuang, Nat; Chaskin, Daniel; Samuel, David E. // Podiatry Management;Aug2008, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to an article about videotaping surgeries.
- Education versus service. Wright, Charles J. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Feb2001, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p65
Reports the challenges facing surgical training programs in balancing the various demands on time in Canada. Role models in the clinical setting; Difficulty in constructing an effective educational program; Views of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada on the issue.
- Past ACMMSCO presidents debate mission, methods. Hilton, Lisette // Dermatology Times;Jul99, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p12
Presents a debate on out-patient surgery by a panel of past presidents of the American College of Mohs' Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology in Miami Beach, Florida. Regulations on out-patient surgery practice; Views on dermatologic surgeons performing in-office surgery; Need for...
- Ethical guide for surgeons is launched. Abbasi, Kamran // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/13/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7122, p1563
Encourages surgeons to advise patients to treat them as family members in according to a report from the Senate of Surgery of Great Britain and Ireland. Factors which may lead to moral dilemmas among surgeons.
- Review - Candour for surgeons: the absence of spin. // British Dental Journal;10/10/2014, Vol. 217 Issue 7, p363
The duty to inform a patient after treatment; as well as before treatment.