Finasteride therapy for benign prostatic hyperplasia
- TERAZOSIN FOR BPH. Jerant, Anthony F.; Guthrie, Robert // Journal of Family Practice;Mar1995, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p222
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about terazosin used as treatment for hypertension and symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Terazosin is cost-effective for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia. // Modern Medicine;Jul96, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p61
Presents an abstract on the article `The Cost-Effectiveness of Terazosin and Placebo in the Treatment of Moderate to Severe Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia,' by A.L. Hillman, J.S. Schwartz et al published in the February 1996 issue of the `Urology' journal.
- Terazosin is cost-effective therapy for moderate to severe BPH. // Geriatrics;Jul96, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p63
Focuses on a study suggesting that terazosin is more effective than placebo for men with moderate-to-severe benign prostatic hyperplasia. Difference between the direct medical costs in the two groups.
- Abbott's Hytrin OK'd for symptoms of enlarged prostate. Muirhead, Greg // Drug Topics;11/8/93, Vol. 137 Issue 21, p35
Announces approval for Hytrin, a treatment for symptomatic benign hyperplasia (BPH). Action on the genito-urinary system; Initial side effects; Feature on another prostate drug.
- More on Proscar. // People's Medical Society Newsletter;Feb97, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p7
Provides information about the effectiveness of finasteride for the treatment of the urinary symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia, an enlargement of the prostate. Results of studies on the drug; Comparison of finasteride with terazosin and a placebo; Variability of finasteride's effectiveness.
- Clinical Treatment Protocol Emphasis on Nutrition - A to Z Part Two of a Collectible Series. Jurik, Anna; Richardson, Daniel; Martin, Brett // Original Internist;Sep2015, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p338
The article presents step-by-step instructions for the care and treatment of various ailments including benign prostatic hyperplasia, manic depression and bronchitis.
- Naftopidil. // Reactions Weekly;6/4/2011, Issue 1354, p33
The article describes the case of a man whose dizziness immediately ceased after discontinuing the administration of naftopidil for benign prostate hyperplasia as part of a clinical study.
- NeoTract's 'groundbreaking' treatment for enlarged prostate. FORD, OMAR // Medical Device Daily;9/26/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 186, p1
The article offers information on the UroLift System, a permanent implant developed by NeoTract to treat symptoms caused by urinary obstruction secondary to benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- GSK's Avodart gets PBS listing. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Jan2011, Vol. 92 Issue 1088, p32
The article introduces the GlaxoSmithKline Australia's Avodart that is effective for treatment benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) that is common to men.