Organ procurement and futile medical care
- Requesting the Gift of Life: Courage to Ask, Courage to Give. Regan, Melissa // Progress in Transplantation;Mar2006, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p10
Present a letter to the editor about the role of transplant procurement coordinators.
- Organ Procurement. Falcone, Robert E.; Price, Janet P.; Groves, Sharon // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;1/20/89, Vol. 261 Issue 3, p380
Presents a letter to the editor commenting on J. Prottas' article about organ procurement.
- Death on the roads could be the chance of life for some. Smith, Alastair D. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/22/2004, Vol. 328 Issue 7450, p1260
Presents a letter to the editor of the May 22, 2004 issue of the "British Medical Journal," claiming that a road traffic crash is an opportunity for solid organ donation and procurement. Efforts to support and sustain organ donation from people dying in traffic accidents.
- Tissue transplantation. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS108
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `An organ procurement organization's role in total quality management,' by M. de Borja and P. Taylor. Risk management strategy.
- procure. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1898
A definition of the term "procure," which means to obtain, such as an organ from a donor, is presented.
- Complete Overhaul Due for Tissue Donation Procurement, Part 1. Anast, David G. // Medical Design Technology;Feb2001, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the investigation conducted on the tissue procurement industry in the United States. Attitude towards families of human tissue donors; Prevention of disease transmission; Findings of the investigation by the Orange County Register.
- Is it time to abandon brain death? Truog, Robert D. // Hastings Center Report;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p29
Advocates the abandonment of the concept of brain death and calls for the adoption of different criteria for organ procurement. Uniform Determination of Death Act; Sources of inconsistencies concerning brain death; Tests-criterion relationship; Loss of homeostatic equilibrium in brain-dead...
- The Gift of Life and the Common Good. Lauritzen, Paul; McClure, Michael; L. Smith, Martin; Trew, Andrew // Hastings Center Report;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p29
Discusses the moral and ethical aspects of organ procurement. How to understand the gift of life metaphor as applied to organ procurement; Public opinion on organ procurement; Problems with organ procurement; Need for a communal approach on the issue of organ procurement; Role of family's...
- ORGAN PROCUREMENT: VARIOUS LEGAL SYSTEMS AND THEIR EFFECTIVENESS. Jensen, Troy R. // Houston Journal of International Law;Spring2000, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p555
Compares the effectiveness of various medical legal systems used in the organ procurement process. Explanation of alternative solutions such as conscription, voluntary donation and required request; Analysis of which system is best; Details of proposed solutions.