More P&C Gaps
- Coastal Compromise. Annotti, Joseph // Governing;Apr2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Disaster Unlimited," in the February 2007 issue.
- Your Turn: Reader Comments on the Web. // National Underwriter / P&C;
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues related to property and casualty insurance industry including the blog "Do Agents Need Two Trade Associations," the article "Supreme Court to Review PPACA," and the blog "Lions and Tigers and Bears."
- Your Turn: Reader Comments On The Web. // National Underwriter / P&C;3/21/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 10, p24
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Japanese Earthquake Hits European Reinsurers," "The Fife Standards of Great Claims Organizations," and "Rockefeller Objects to MLR Agent Exemption."
- Your Turn: Reader Comments on the Web. // National Underwriter / P&C;4/30/2012, Vol. 116 Issue 14, p23
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the journal's website, PropertyCasualty360.com, including "W.R. Berkeley: Stupid Cos. May Not Be Able to Make Hard Turn," "Florida, FEMA Working on Deal to Prevent NFIP Suspension in State" and "P&C Financial Leverage Up in...
- Good year seen for P/C stocks. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;01/12/98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p42
Predicts that the successful performance of commercial property/casualty stocks will continue throughout 1998. Factors supporting this prediction; Details on the Business Insurance Index of 91 commerical insurers and reinsurers; Assessment of the performance of insurer stocks; Views of Jay...
- Casualty writers paint bleak picture. Jennings, John // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;6/12/95, Vol. 99 Issue 24, p19
Reports on the burden faced by the casualty insurance market due to overcapacity and under-leveraged capital. Cost of class actions against chemical companies; Tort reform prospects; Surplus account additions by American insurers.
- Political interference not wanted. // International Insurance Monitor;1996 1st Quarter, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p14
Highlights the performance of casualty insurance in Denmark in 1995. Impact of rise of bond prices; Strong competition and higher claims payments in automobile insurance; Inefficiency due to detailed regulatory requirements.
- THE EVOLUTION OF CASUALTY INSURANCE. // Congressional Digest;Feb70, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on the evolution of the casualty insurance in the United States. Medieval era; Later European developments; Beginnings of fire insurance; Mutual fire insurance.
- P-C sales more alluring to life cos., agents: Exec. Knowles, Robert G. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/7/94, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the prospects of the personal-property casualty (p-c) insurance. Growth rate for the past 25 years; Comparing it with life insurance sales; Ability of p-c insurers to raise their rates; Investment earnings of p-c companies; Pricing residential property insurance.