The Color of Fur
- Fur not flying. Glover, Mark // New Scientist;7/16/2005, Vol. 187 Issue 2508, p22
Presents a letter to the editor related to an article on fur trade, published in the June 18, 2005 issue of the journal "New Scientist."
- Letters to Editor. Sidhu, Ken; Sangha, Jas; Paulson, J. T.; Gleeson, S.; Singh, Hardeep // Asian Pacific Post;2/12/2009, p17
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to topics in previous issues including the content of the film "Slumdog Millionaire, the state of the Asian fur trade and seal hunting in Canada.
- MAILBOX. Slavens, Roy; Summers, Terry; Desrosiers, Del; Caraher, Patrick; Encinas, Lluís; Marquès, Rosa Maria; Teer, Rich // British Columbia Magazine;Spring2007, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p12
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Party Balloons," in the Winter 2006 issue, "Green lodges," in the Fall 2006 issue and Sinking of the Tonquin," in the Winter 2006 issue.
- MAILBOX. Jahr, Lowell G.; Reynolds, John F.; Wiegard, Judy; Bjordahl, Vivian; Buum, Dave; Johnson, Ruth; Waldman, David; Ennen, Louise; Erickson, Donald; Williams, Monty; McCleery, Shirley; Frink, Pamela; Sundstrom, Jessie Y. // South Dakota Magazine;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p38
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "A Tale of Two Football Stadiums" in the September/October 2008 issue, one about junk men and fur traders in the November/December 2008 issue and another on community bookstores in the...
- LETTERS. // Professional Fisherman;Jul2004, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p4
Presents letters to the editor regarding fish trade in Australia. "FRDC and Industry Advocacy," which focuses on the issue on the provision of resources for the seafood industry; "Commercial Fishers or Seals?" which discusses the impact of fur seal on fisheries; "Time for Change?" which comments...
- CORRESPONDENCE. Schweppe, George A.; Pollock, Simon O.; Welch, Frances X. // New Republic;7/26/33, Vol. 75 Issue 973, p290
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. Suggestion on investigation of the loan which the American government made to the Tiarist government during the War; Criticism of the article published in the June 28, 1933 issue; Comments on the...
- Letters. Regulinski, Thad L.D.; Vrbancic, Geoffrey F.; Peck, Jennifer; Browning, Lane; Coler, Bernard A.; Johnson, Linda; Guertin, Mira; Cash, Holly; Fitzgerald, Bob; Corona, Barbara; Koch, Marci; Lamson, Michael J.; Tschaeche, Al; McGranahan, Devan; Stonehill, Shirley M.; Walker, Stan; Trueger, Barbara; Wilson, R. Henry; Cimino, Andrea; Abdenur, Roberto // Newsweek;10/25/2004, Vol. 144 Issue 17, p18
Presents letters to the editor of the October 25, 2004 issue of "Newsweek." Response to the article "90 Minutes Later, a New Race," found in the October 11, 2004 issue of the journal, regarding the campaign debates between President George W. Bush and Democratic presidential candidate John...
- Fight over furs. // Current Events;3/2/90, Vol. 89 Issue 20, p1
Examines the animal rights movement's campaign against the fur industry. How fur-bearing animals are killed on ranches and in the wild; Types of traps; Morality issue; Public relations campaign against the fur industry; Position of fur supporters; Recent vote in Aspen, Colo.
- Anti-fur fiascoes on an international scale. // Outdoor Life;May92, Vol. 189 Issue 5, p14
Reports that deadly repercussions from an anti-fur campaign are spreading across New Zealand. Transfer of tuberculosis virus from possum to cattle; Protests in Poland against anti-fur demonstration.