MORE CARROTS AND CUPCAKES
- LETTERS. Gilliam, Rick; Staples, Eileen // FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p12
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Carrots & Cupcakes" and a an editorial on the dilemma faced by school food service directors in attempting to make children eat healthier.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Willman, Linda; Robinett, JoAnne; Scheuermann, Sara // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p15
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the November 15, 2007 issue including "NSLP Still Goes Begging" and the "Opinion" columns.
- Capitalizing on a la carte dollars. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Mar1998, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p30
Focuses on strategies which school foodservice directors (FSD) are devising to enable them to protect their nutritional and educational credibility, while reaping the financial benefits of a la carte programs. Problems experience from a la carte lines; Views of Mary Andersen, a FSD; Information...
- Quality control is now by the book. // Food Management;Apr98, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p20
Presents information on the manual `Quality Measures for Georgia's School Nutrition Program,' which can be used to provide school foodservice directors in Georgia with information on how to improve efficiencies and service. Comments from Annette Bomar, director of the school and community...
- Child protection madness takes the biscuit. // Education (14637073);10/15/2010, Issue 407, p3
The article discusses St. Mary's Primary School in County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland where a catering supervisor was dismissed from her job after she gave a child a cookie and was accused of "child grooming" under the Child Protection Act.
- Small Soldiers and Better Food. Wright, Jr., Fred W. // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar2000, Issue 178, p13
Highlights the decision of the Berkeley United School District to require schools in Berkeley, California to provide students with pesticide-free, herbicide-free and hormone-free foods. Details on the implementation of the decision; Challenges faced by Berkeley's organic foods project; Opinion...
- VT Names New Sustainability Coordinator. // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p8
The article announces that Dining Services at 30,000-student Virginia Tech has named Andy Sarjajhani as dining services' sustainability coordinator.
- Child nutrition programs differ, challenges similar, forum concludes. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/12/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p18
Discusses the 4th annual Global Child Nutrition Forum held in Minneapolis, Minnesota on August 2002. Objective of the forum; Challenges facing school food service directors; Countries that participated in the forum.
- School food-service directors' perceptions of childhood obesity. Price, James H.; Telljohann, Susan K. // Psychological Reports;Jun94 Part 2, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p1347
Examines the perception of childhood obesity by school food-service directors in Ohio. Percent of respondents who believe in the importance of normal weight to children's health and who believe in their duty to provide nutritionally balanced meals; Differences in perceptions of childhood...