- F&S Campfire. King, Joe L.; Jervis, Derek; Marcisz, Leonard J.; Tyson, John P.; Hakala, Gary; Emblen, Daniel R.; Hagey, Dale W.; England, Timothy; Birgenheier, Ed; Olson, Albert; Acre, Matthew; Riggs, John // Field & Stream;Jul2008, Vol. 113 Issue 3, p7
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues of the journal including "The Total Outdoorsman" in the May 2008 issue, "Fit to Print," by Bob Marshall, and "Oh Yes Icon," by David E. Petzal.
- LETTERS. Smith, Chester; Van Tassel, Katrina; Jensen, Paul; Ezra, Cathy; Knight, Frank; Wineburgh, Cindy; Nelson, David // New York State Conservationist;Aug2008, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p38
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Sporting Licenses-From the Good Ol' Days 'til Now" in the August 2003 issue, an article about conservationist Bob Marshall in the December 2007 issue and another about the Civilian Conservation...
- Cheers & Jeers. Conley, Gene; Otte, Justin; Gaffke, Steven; Hunter, Ian; Nordhagen, Randy; McNutt, Jacob; Martin, Richard C.; Gil, K.; Lalonde, Denise // Field & Stream;Nov2010, Vol. 115 Issue 7, p7
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in previous issues including "Gear Good," by Bill Heavey, "The Oil's Toll," by Bob Marshall and "Shooting Words," by David E. Petzal.
- Bob Marshall: The wilderness hiker. Laycock, George // Boys' Life;May93, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on Bob Marshall who devoted his life to keeping wild country wild. His encounter with a grizzly bear; Background; His first trip to Alaska; One of the founders of a conservation group, the Wilderness Society; When he died.
- Wilderness Bob. Gray, J. // Highlights for Children;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p40
Profiles conservationist Bob Marshall, who headed the US Forest Service's Division of Recreation and Lands, and helped form the Wilderness Society, before his death at age 38 of heart trouble. Interest in forests; Adventures in the wilderness.
- Holocene comment and reply. Dugmore, A.J.; Coles, G.M.; Buckland, P.C. // Holocene;Jul99, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p501
Studies of a stalagmite sample from Sutherland, Scotland, have identified a period of enhanced growth that lasted for four years and has been dated to 1135 6 130 BC (Baker et al., 1995). This episode is unique within this sample and has not been observed elsewhere. The authors cor-relate it with...
- Annual growth banding in a cave stalagmite. Baker, Andy; Smart, Peter L. // Nature;8/5/1993, Vol. 364 Issue 6437, p518
Tests whether the presence of microscopic luminescence banding in cave calcite deposits (speleothems) corresponds to annual growth layers. Uranium-thorium dating; High-resolution records of past climates; Solar-terrestrial correlations.
- In wildness was the preservation of a smile Mitchell, John G. // Wilderness (07366477);Summer1985, Vol. 48 Issue 169, p10
No abstract available.
- Handoff at Advanta: Executive who built card team retiring. Quittner, Jeremy // American Banker;10/24/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 205, p13
Reports on the plan of Robert A. Marshall, president of Advanta Corp.'s personal payment systems, to retire. Marshall's contributions to the credit card company; Successor.