Is Euro 5 acceptance an example for US?
- Letters. Nicholls, Pauline; Coaker, Peter; Bunting, Alan // Commercial Motor;7/21/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5137, p26
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. "Jobs for the Girls," which focused on women as truck drivers; Article on single-carriageway speed limits; Information on the exhaust gas recirculation engines.
- CO poo. // Wheels;Dec2011, p90
The article reports on the steps taken by Europe and Great Britain to tackle the issue of carbon dioxide emission from automobiles such as offering decent incentives to buyers of cars with low carbon dioxide emission, and road tax exemption to such cars.
- Another urgent to-do for VW: Pay governments back. // Automotive News;10/12/2015, Vol. 89 Issue 6694, p0012
The article discusses things that should be done by car maker Volkswagen AG following its admission that it systematically cheated on emission testing of its diesel vehicles as of October 2015, including the reimbursement of governments for subsidies made for clean diesel.
- THE GREAT NORTHERN SUCK-OFF. // Motor;Mar2002, p116
Focuses on the plan of the Canadian Department of Suicide Prevention to make the fitting of anti-suicide exhaust pipe on vehicles compulsory. Increase in the use of toxic vehicular emissions in suicide; List of suicide methods; Ways to curb escalating male suicides.
- Exhausting the April fool transport jokes. // Motor Transport;4/5/2007, p31
An April Fools joke is presented about an ingenious way of eliminating exhaust gases produced by trucks in preparation for the introduction of London's Low Emission Zone.
- EGR NEEDS C1-4. Deierlein, Bob // Fleet Equipment;Jul2002, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p26
Provides information on API CI-4 engine oil for exhaust gas recirculation (ERG). Challenges pose by ERG; Details of CI-4 qualified oil; Information on different CI-4 oil products.
- Consequences of propene and propane on plasma remediation of NO[subx]. Dorai, Rajesh; Kushner, Mark J. // Journal of Applied Physics;9/15/2000, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p3739
Investigates dielectric barrier discharge (DBD) reactors for plasma remediation of NO[sub x] from the exhaust of internal combustion engines and diesel emissions. Description of the model; Overview of the reaction mechanism; Plasma remediation of NO[sub x] with propene and propane.
- Air-intake goes plastic on turbo diesel. // Machine Design;03/09/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p47
Provides information on an all-plastic manifold module on the BMW four-cylinder turbo diesel engine. Composition of the plastic manifold; Advantages of the exhaust gas recirculation ports of the manifold; How an air-intake manifold is molded.
- EVs' dark side: Two sides of the coin for electric vehicles. Leggett, Dave // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);12/23/2014, p1
A reprint of the article "EVs' dark side: Two sides of the coin for electric vehicles" by Dave Leggett, which appeared in the online resource' December 23, 2014 issue, is presented.