Colonic colonisation with Giardia lamblia in a patient receiving fibrates
- Giardia lamblia in Patients Undergoing Upper GI Endoscopy. Qureshi, Huma; Züberi, Sarwar J.; Baqai, Rakhshanda // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1994, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p459
Presents a letter to the editor in response to an article regarding the frequency of recovery of unexpected Giardia lamblia and Cryptosporidium from duodenal aspirates by F. C. Ramirez et al., in a 1993 issue.
- Evaluation of an immunochromatographic assay: Giardia-StripÂ® (Coris BioConcept) for detection of Giardia intestinalis in human fecal specimens. Nguyen, T.; Kherouf, H.; Blanc-Pattin, V.; Allais, E.; Chevalier, Y.; Richez, A.; Ramade, C.; Peyron, F. // European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases;Apr2012, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p623
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article regarding the use of an immunochromatographic assay for detecting Giardia intestinalis in human fecal samples.
- Summertime blues: It's giardia season. // Journal of Environmental Health;Jul/Aug1998, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p51
Presents information on the prevalence of Giardia lamblia, a small parasite, in campgrounds and daycare centers and other places in the United States. Symptoms of giardiasis; Modes of transmission of giardiasis; Sources of giardia; How to get rid of the parasite.
- The UVOX process applied to reduction of trihalomethane formation potential and disinfection Jansson, C. R. E. // Water Quality Research Journal of Canada;1992, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p185
No abstract available.
- Treatment of Patients with Refractory Giardiasis. Nash, Theodore E.; Ohl, Christopher A.; Thomas, Elaine; Subramanian, Gangadnaran; Keiser, Paul; Moore, Thomas A. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;7/1/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p22
Presents a study on the treatment of patients with refractory giardiasis. Details on gastrointestinal parasite Giardia lamblia; Potential causes of giardiasis treatment failures; Case reports..
- giardins. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p948
A definition of the term "giardins" is presented which refers to the proteins of the sucker disks of Giardia (G.) lamblia, also called as G. duodenalis, that assist the parasite attach to the lining of the small intestine.
- Parasite power. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Feb92, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p24
States that the tapeworm is not the right way for weight loss. Giardia lambia's better potential; Inability of the tapeworm to provide the sense of accomplishment that comes from a bodybuilder's discipline.
- Waterborne Giardiasis. Brady, Patrick G.; Wolfe, John C. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Oct74, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p498
Presents the case of a patient with giardiasis involving a healthy woman who had not traveled extensively. Background on the protozoan Giardia lamblia; Case report; Epidemiologic study; Discussion.
- Chronic Giardia intestinalis Infection Presenting with Clinical Features Mimicking Lichen Planus. Vassallo, Camilla; Brazzelli, Valeria; Martinoli, Sara; Ardigò, Marco; Quaglini, Michela; Scaglia, Massimo; Borroni, Giovanni // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;Aug/Sep2001, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p309
Describes a case of chronic Giardia intestinalis infection presenting with clinical features mimicking Lichen planus. Clinical features; Relationship between cutaneous lesions and giardiasis; Histopatologic findings.