Can Vitamin C Prevent Complex Regional Pain Syndrome in Patients with Wrist Fractures?
- Enhancing Chemotherapy Effectiveness with Simple Vitamin C? My Clinical Experiences. Lemmo, Walter // Townsend Letter;Aug/Sep2009, Issue 313/314, p100
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about enhancing the effectiveness of chemotherapy with vitamin C.
- PSA Tests, Prostate Cancer, and Vitamin C. Hoffman, E. J. // Townsend Letter;Aug/Sep2009, Issue 313/314, p104
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Natural Therapeutics: Observations on Multivitamins," by S. Holt in the February 2009 issue.
- Can Vitamin C Prevent Complex Regional Pain Syndrome in Patients with Wrist Fractures? Rogers, Benedict A.; Ricketts, David M.; Zollinger, Paul E.; Breederveld, Roelf S.; Tuinebreijer, Wim E.; Kreis, Robert W. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Feb2008, Vol. 90-A Issue 2, p447
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Can Vitamin C Prevent Complex Regional Pain Syndrome in Patients with Wrist Fractures? A Randomized, Controlled, Multicenter Dose-Response Study," by Zollinger and others in the 2007;89:1424-31 issue.
- Can vitamin C save your life? // Consumer Reports on Health;Mar1994, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p25
Focuses on the health value of high-vitamin C intake. Uses of vitamin C in the prevention of cardio-vascular disease and cancer; Necessity for further study to determine the full potential of vitamin C; Benefits from taking vitamin-C supplements. INSET: Vitamin E: More than you can eat..
- Topical vitamin C may protect photodamaged skin. Meszaros, Liz // Dermatology Times;Jan1996, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p42
Discusses the use of topical vitamin C for the protection of skin, damaged by the exposure to ultraviolet light. Comments from Dr. Douglas Darr and Dr. Sheldon R. Pinnell; Protective properties vitamin C has against UVB and UVA light; Studies done; Findings; How it works; Components of Vitamin C.
- C-Plus. Davis, Jennifer // Arthritis Today;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p24
The article looks at the importance of vitamin C in maintaining bone health.
- A day without vitamin C is a day without cancer protection. Passwater, Richard A. // Health News & Review;1993, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p12
Examines the role of vitamin C in preventing diseases. Prevention of cancer; Boost for longevity; Importance to the immune system.
- C for colds. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jan95, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p26
Provides advice on the intake of Vitamin C during winter. Benefit.
- Natural nitro? // Prevention;Aug96, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p25
Discusses research which suggests that vitamin C helps to open clogged arteries. Possibility that the vitamin may help to activate the body's natural nitroglycerin; Researchers' view that vitamin defuses a bad actor called superoxide, which prevents the compound known as nitric oxide (NO) from...