- AT PRESS TIME. // Resource Recycling;Mar2008, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p48
The article presents newsbriefs on recycling. It includes a proposal passed by the Iowa House Environmental Protection Committee that will expand Hawkeye State's beverage redemption program on various fronts. Another news is the release of concept paper outline that will be the structure for a...
- 'Go Green': Save money while you help save the environment. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/10/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 50, p25
The article discusses the importance of recycling waste products such as toner or laser cartridge to protect the environment in the U.S. According to the author, one recycled laser cartridge keeps 2.5 pounds of metals and plastic out of landfill and one half a gallon of oil is conserved by using...
- MAILBAG. Cook, Dan; Kelley, Patrick // Plastics News;4/2/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in previous issues of the journal, including "Green may be good for all in the long run," in the February 19, 2007 issue and "U.S. lags behind in recycling," in the January 15, 2007 issue.
- LETTERS. Mannon, Melissa; Pratt, Bill; Nelson, Todd; Nissim, Laura; Goodhue, Steve; Westgard, Erik; Schumann, John // Sierra;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p6
Several letters to the editor in response to articles in the previous issues including "92 Ways of Looking at a tree," in the November/December 2005 issue, "Down in the Dumpster," in the November/December 2005 issue, "Reduce, Reuse, Rejoice," in the November/December 2005 issue, "Lay of the...
- Green light. Timmins, Mike // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Mar/Apr99, Issue 14, p25
Presents information concerning recycling and environmental protection in Great Britain. Availability of `UK Recycled Products Guide' from National Recycling Forum and Waste Watch; Recycling of plastic bottle caps into office chairs; Waste Watch Wasteline information service; Use of recycled paper.
- Total recycling. Pitts, Trevor // New Scientist;12/1/2007, Vol. 196 Issue 2632, p25
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about urban recycling.
- Local programs undergo changes. // Resource Recycling;Jul2007, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on several developments in Philadelphia in so far as the environmental policies and recycling programs is concerned. The author cites the program dubbed as the "Future of Recycling," which is the primary focus of a new television and public transmit campaign. The program is...
- A work in progress. // Resource Recycling;Jul2007, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on several legislative measures to promote recycling programs which have evoked positive responses from various legislative bodies. The author cites Assembly Bill 548 which amended the California Integrated Waste Management Act of 1989. The bill makes it obligatory on the...
- Breaking through the glass ceiling. // Resource Recycling;Jun2008, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p24
The article provides information regarding the importance of recycling in the glass container industry. According to a glass market development assessment, there are many opportunities and key barriers to increasing the collection and end-use markets of recovered glass. British local authorities...