QUOTES OF THE WEEK voices from the web FROM OUR OWN CORRESPONDENT
- LNG projects. Schultz, Donald K. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Apr1979, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p53
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Liquified Natural Gas," by Donald K. Schultz in the December 1978 issue.
- Letters. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/7/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p24
Presents several letters to the editor published in the March 2005 issue of the journal "The New Orleans City Business." Expression of concern toward the off-shore liquefied natural gas terminal project that plans to use an open rack vaporizer gasification process; Dislike to the arrogance of...
- MAILBOAT. Peters, Gary; McDevitt, John // MotorBoating;Feb2004, Vol. 193 Issue 2, p12
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. "Propane System Checkup," which compared liquid petroleum gas and liquid natural gas; "Fighting Fires," which discussed the causes of fire and the type of extinguisher to use in specific situations.
- Hot Market. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;7/07/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 27, p32
Reports on the debate over the supply of liquefied natural gas (LNG) in the U.S. arising from the shortage of natural gas and soaring prices. U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan's congressional testimony on the country's ability to close the gap between supply and demand; Issues facing...
- Closer to reality? LNG imports eyed to meet generation demand. // Electric Light & Power;May2003, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p10
Cites the report released by the Cambridge Energy Research Associates on the liquefied natural gas productive capacity and demand in the U.S. and Canada until 2010. Prediction of a decline in the productive capacity for natural gas; Events leading to the industrial situation and the uncertain...
- Bolivian Gas Decision: Just A Pipe-Dream? // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/6/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p11
Discusses issues on the decision as to whether to export liquefied natural gas through Peru or Chile. Percentage of Bolivians who want the pipeline to go through Chile and percentage of those who favoured Peru; Advantage of exporting gas via the Chilean port of Patillos rather than through a...
- Section 4. Natural Gas. // Monthly Energy Review;Jul99, p71
Presents statistics on the total dry natural gas production in the United States during June 1999. Projected consumption of natural gas and supplemental gas; Forecasted deliveries to residential consumers in June 1999; Net imports of natural gas in June 1999.
- Montoir LNG terminal designed for reliability. Hily, Andre // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug93, Vol. 220 Issue 8, p48
Features Gaz de France's liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal of Montoir-de-Bretange. Design for delivery of LNG; Facilities; Functions of the terminal LNG storage tanks; LNG recovery from the storage tanks with low-pressure submerged pumps; Steps of operation; Regasification of LNG; Sendout...
- Consortium forms Atlantic LNG Company. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Sep95, Vol. 222 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the formation of the Atlantic LNG Co., which will operate a liquefied natural gas plant in Trinidad and Tobago.