Reflections on the birth of conjoined twins
- Conjoined twins. Hervey, G. R. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Jun2005, Vol. 98 Issue 6, p295
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Conjoined Twins, Delivery and the Memory of Medicine," by E. Scott Sills in the March 2005 issue.
- Conjoined twins, delivery and the memory of medicine. Sills, E Scott // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Mar2005, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p135
A letter to the editor is presented in response to a critique of the book by Alice Dreger, which is about the delivery and separation of conjoined twins.
- Tragedies and medical choices. Lammers, Srephen E. // Christian Century;9/8/93, Vol. 110 Issue 25, p845
Reflects on the Reitha Lakeberg case from an extended Christian tradition view point. Case of surgery on conjoined twin babies; Limits of parents' decision-making power; Physician's role; Societal implications.
- inform OPENLINE. Hines, Heather; Pansaru, Lesley; Morrissey, Lois; McKenzie, Amanda; Dixon, Kylie // Australian Women's Weekly;Feb2010, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p16
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "The Miracle Worker," "Fallen Angel," and "Heavenly Bodies," in the January 2010 issue.
- Population-Based Research: Breastfeeding Multiple Birth Infants / Twin Research Reviews and News: Perceived Aging in Twins; Separation of Conjoined Twins; School Placement Legislation / Twins in Education, Fashion and Humanitarian Events. Segal, Nancy L. // Twin Research & Human Genetics;Apr2010, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p217
The health benefits of breastfeeding are well known. However, less is known about the frequency and duration of breastfeeding in twins. A population-based study of maternal factors associated with the early cessation of breastfeeding in preterm and term twins is reviewed. This is followed by...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. WHITFIELD, D. I.; W. L. C.; FRAZIER, COTTRIAL; MCCRIMON, JAMES L.; LUCAS, MAYNARD; JACKSON, J. W.; WALTON, THERESA; JONES, E.; SOLOMON, CURTIS; KING, HATTYE L.; WIGGANS, J.; KRUPA, GENE; COLE, COZY; TONTAIRE, C. L.; SEEZ, TYARE; ROBINSON, THELMA; ROBINSON, GEORGIA; REED, ERNEST; SIMMONS, HENRY E.; POWELL, LORETTA // Ebony;Dec1954, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "New Army Upsets South's Traditions" in the September 1954 issue, a feature on Siamese twins, and "How I Discovered Joe Louis," by John W. Roxborough in the October 1954 issue.
- Conjoined twins. TEMPLETON, JOHN M. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Nov1993, Vol. 86 Issue 11, p681
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about conjoined twins.
- Individuality. Purcell, Rosamound; Gould, Stephen Jay // Sciences;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on cases of Siamese twins. Reference to the play `A Doll's House'; Information on Siamese twins, Eng and Chang Bunker born in Siam in 1811.
- The most intimate bond. Wallis, Claudia; Doman, Jen M.R. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);03/25/96, Issue 13, p66
Focuses on the Hensel conjoined twins or Siamese twins. Information on conjoined twins; Rarity of conjoined twins; Background information on the parents of the twin, Patty and Mike Hensel; Description of the birth of the twins.