Accuracy of point-of-care measurements
- Bedside technique to detect misplaced subclavian vein catheter in internal jugular vein. Goel, Sanjay; Tandon, Manish; Panigrahi, Bishnu // Annals of Cardiac Anaesthesia;Jan2010, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p71
A letter to the editor is presented about the technique for bedside diagnosis of misplaced subclavian vein catheter in internal jugular vein.
- The Bedside Evaluation. Ogedegbe, Anthony O.; Louwrens, Neil A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;1/17/2012, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p170
A letter to the editor and a reply are presented in response to the article "The bedside evaluation: ritual and reason" in the 2011 issue.
- Who coined POCT? Winkelman, James // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Aug2009, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p5
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article on point-of-care testing (POCT), which was published in the March 2009 issue.
- Point-of-Care Photomicroscopy of Urine. Mutter, Walter P.; Brown, Robert S. // New England Journal of Medicine;5/12/2011, Vol. 364 Issue 19, p1880
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the usefulness of point-of-care photomicroscopy of urine for the diagnosis and management of renal and genitourinary disease.
- LETTERS. Dent, Doug; Nicholas, Michael; Rowan, Ruby; Mallette, Tera; Town, Ted; DeTurse, Frank; MacIntyre, George // Xtra (Toronto);8/2/2007, Issue 594, p24
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the July 5, 2007 issue, including "When the Church Says No," "Grin and Bare It" and "A Quick Prick."
- POCT. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Aug2015, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p5
The article presents questions to be asked in evaluating the efficacy of ambulatory testing in relation to point-of-care testing (POCT), recommended by Becky Clarke, executive vice president for POC at POC and laboratory billing software solutions provider TELCOR Corporation.
- Point-of-care testing: a look ahead. Lewis, Martyn // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Aug2015, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p27
The article discusses the future of point-of-care technology (POCT) and developments that will help bring its objectives to reality. Topics discussed include joined-up approach to patient management needed to enable feeding of POCT data into laboratory information systems (LIS), expected update...
- Correction. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Nov2006, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p10
A correction to the article on point-of-care testing that was published in the September 2006 issue is presented.
- The need for personalized information at the point of care. Wood MD, William // Hem/Onc Today;12/25/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 24, p28
The author stresses the importance of the need for personalized information and for effective ways of translating accumulated experimental and observational data into clinical decision support at the point of care.