- WRAP-UP. // Chemical Week;6/21/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 24, p24
Presents updates on issues related to the chemical industry in Europe as of June 21, 2000. Posted increase in the pretax profits of Johnson Matthey; Recycling of polyethylene terephthalate containers in Switzerland; Production plant opened by Bradford Particle Design.
- R-PET prices hit record highs in Europe. Mirasol, Feliza; Victory, Mark // ICIS Chemical Business;8/2/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 3, p18
The article presents information on the increase in the prices of recycled polyethylene terephthalate (R-PET) in Europe. According to a major Italian buyer of mixed-colored PET bottles, the extremely high bottle prices in many European countries are boosting R-PET flake prices to unreasonable...
- Global market trends for PET recycling. // Chemical Fibers International;Jun2008, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p76
The article discusses the global market trends for polyethylene terephthalate (PET) recycling. According to the article, advanced countries reportedly pay more attention to the development of new products, technology and market as well as high-added-value products in terms of the recycled PET...
- HDPE recycling grows as PET falls. Halal, Ann Marie // Waste News;06/16/97, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p18
Comments on the increase in the rate for high-density polyethylene terephthalate (HDPE) containers in the United States. Statistics on the number of HDPE bottles recycled in the United States for 1996; Views of Susan Kissler, a spokeswoman for the American Plastics Council; Recycling rates for...
- PET Container Recycling Rises, Report States. Lasoff, Melanie A. // Waste Age;Aug2000, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p28
Cites the increase in the rate of public recycling of post-consumer polyethylene (PET) in the United States. Volume of post-consumer PET beverage containers that were collected from public recycling programs; volume of PET bottles that went to export markets; Countries to where PET bottles are...
- HDPE makers quit recycling. Stringer, Judy // Chemical Week;7/31/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 29, p10
Reports on the impact of the slow growth of the high-density polyethylene (HDPE) recycling business on the financial performance of HDPE companies. Union Carbide Corp.'s decision to close its recycling facility in Piscataway, New Jersey; Quantum Chemical Corp.'s plan to exit the business.
- Two states find success with recycling programs for poly... // American Nurseryman;07/01/97, Vol. 186 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the recycling programs designed to decrease the nursery industry's contributions to landfills which have been started in New Jersey and Oregon. Government agencies and private business involved in the disposal of poly sheets; Oregon Association of Nurserymen Incorporated's poly...
- Salt water cycle. Hammond, Brian // Engineer (00137758);8/7/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 7705, p21
A letter to the editor is presented about the recycling of saltwater.
- JOIN FORCES. Freegaxd, Keith // Engineer (00137758);11/9/2009, Vol. 294 Issue 7783, p17
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Collaboration With China is Essential."