Biofilms in the normal human large bowel: fact rather than fiction
- Letterbox. Newman, Hubert N. // Biologist;Nov2007, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p192
A letter to the editor about the confusion of the term biofilms is presented.
- THE BIOFILM COMMUNITY. Shuch, David J. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Dec2009, Vol. 140 Issue 12, p1467
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Periodontitis: An Archetypical Biofilm Disease," by Christoph Schaudinn and colleagues in the August 2009 issue.
- Biofilm eradication in catheter-related infection in dialysis patients. Demoulin, Nathalie; Goffin, Eric // Kidney International;Aug2011, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p320
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Prevention and management of catheter-related infection in hemodialysis patients," by C. E. Lok and M. H. Mokrzycki in a 2011 issue.
- Oral Isotretinoin: Author's reply. Del Rosso, James Q. // Journal of Clinical & Aesthetic Dermatology;Jan2013, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p11
A response from the author of the article "Face to Face with Oral Isotretinoin" in the November 2012 issue, which discusses acne biofilm, is presented.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITORS. Hall, Mary Beth; Weimer, Paul; Worrall, John; Palestis, Brian; Sill, Alan; Long, Lyle N.; Koenig, Andrew // American Scientist;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 94 Issue 2, p100
Several letters to the editor in response to articles published in previous issues including "Biofilms," by Joe J. Harrison, Raymond J. Turner, Lyriam L. R. Marques and Howard Ceri in the November-December 2005 issue, "Ancient Wollemi Pines Resurgent," by Stephen McLoughlin and Vivi Vajda in the...
- Compost biofilter for control of VOC emissions. Golueke, Clarence // BioCycle;Nov95, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p29
Presents an abstract of the study titled, `Control of Volatile Organic Compound Emissions Using a Compost Biofilter,' by S.J. Ergas and D. Schroeder et al. published in the July/August 1995 issue of the `Water Environment Research.'
- Slime city. Coghlan, Andy // New Scientist;08/31/96, Vol. 151 Issue 2045, p33
Discusses the formation and microscopic structures of biofilms. Species of microorganisms; Research on the bacterial ecological behavior; Implications on diseases; Flawed assumptions explaining their existence; Composition; Microscopic techniques used in their study; Lactone as the communication...
- ERRATUM. // Bulletin of Mathematical Biology;Oct2007, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p2445
A correction to the article "A Multidimensional Multispecies Continuum Model for Heterogeneous Biofilm Development" that was published in the June 30, 2007 issue is presented.
- A History Lesson. Ma, Henry // Forbes Asia;2/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the civilization of the Philippines.