- JOBS IS JOB 1. Fitzgerald, Tina // Syracuse New Times;10/26/2011, Issue 2114, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article related to a proposed U.S. jobs act.
- web comment. // Recruiter;8/18/2010, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Thousands of Jobs Could Go if NMW Regulations Changed, Warns Deloitte" in the July 28, 2010 issue.
- Streamline Work Restrictions For Ex-offenders. Levin, Marc A. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);2/28/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p18
The author reflects on anti-work regulation for the former offenders in Texas.
- Jobs bill needs 'full court press'. Hallman, Charles // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;3/18/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 33, p1
The article reports on the implementation of the Local Jobs for America Act authored by U.S. Representative George Miller which is said to provide one million private and public jobs in local communities.
- Taxing Situation. Houghton, Cris // BusinessWest;Sep2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p24
Discusses the capital gains and dividend provisions in the business incentive provisions of the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief reconciliation Act of 2003 in the U.S. Reduction of net capital gains in 2003; Decline in dividend rates for individuals; Provisions of alternative minimum tax relief for...
- Jobs bill has perks for small business. Bach, Louis // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/14/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 46, p4
The article discusses the view of the author regarding the benefits offered by the Jobs bill to small businesses in Connecticut such as the small business express program, subsidized training and employment program (STEP), and First Five Plus.
- In sickness and in health. Yew, Julian // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/30/2012, Issue 3017, p29
The article reports on the issue regarding Great Britain's Working Time Regulations 1998 (WTR), which cannot be carried forward the holidays that has not been taken in one year holiday to another leave unless it is stated in the contract. INSET: KEY POINTS TO REMEMBER.
- New Legislation Would Create One Million Jobs. // International Musician;Apr2010, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on the Local Jobs for America Act, a new legislation introduced by National League of Cities president Ronald Loveridge, U.S. Conference of Mayors president Elizabeth Kautz and three Members of the U.S. Congress such as George Miller, Keith Ellison and Phil Hare, which is...
- From the States. Lawlor, James // Planning;Jan99, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p30
Presents news on American Planning Association's (APA) involvement in legislative and regulatory activities. Failure to pass A.B. 2065, which would have barred local licensing fees on certain classes of home occupations in California; Details on the report presented by the Iowa chapter of APA...