- Vanderbilt Chemicals shifts production to Kentucky. Sweeney, Chris // Rubber & Plastics News;11/18/2013, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p5
The article reports on the consolidation of Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC-a wholly owned subsidiary of R.T. Vanderbilt Holding Co. Inc. on its commercial production of chemicals in Murray, Kentucky. It states the $30 million cost that company is processing for its facility. It also mentions the 50...
- Degussa to sell 1,3-propanediol technology to DuPont. // Colourage;Nov97, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p45
Reports that Degussa Corp. and DuPont USA have signed a letter of intent for the sale of Degussa's propaneidol technology to DuPont.
- THINK TANK. DAVIS, NIGEL // ICIS Chemical Business;1/24/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 4, p13
The article focuses on the prospects of merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the chemical industry.
- Window dressing or revolution? // Chemical Week;11/29/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 21, p3
Opinion. Comments on rationalizations in the Japanese chemical industry. Formation of Mitsubishi Kagaku; Significance of mergers of derivatives businesses; Offshore movement by Japanese original equipment manufacturers.
- News briefs. // Chemical Week;12/22/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 49, p7
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of December 22, 1999. Merger talks between Monsanto and Pharmacia & Upjohn; DuPont's lawsuit against Rhone-Poulenc over a failed joint venture; Phillips Petroleum and Duke Energy to merge their natural gas liquids businesses and spin it off;...
- Fine Chemical Suppliers Eye Expansions. Schmitt, Bill // Chemical Week;2/7/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 6, p11
Reports the acquisition and expansion plans of fine chemical suppliers in the United States. Reasons for the plans; Companies that have expansion plans.
- Korean M&A Disappoints. // Chemical Week;2/7/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 6, p22
Reports the status of consolidation in the Korean chemical industry. Need for restructuring in the industry; Examples of restructuring deals.
- news briefs. // Chemical Week;8/29/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 32/33, p5
Reports developments in the chemical industry as of August 2001. Acquisition on Kemira by Industri Kapital; Suspension in the production of chemical at one facility of DSM Chemicals; Refusal of a court to intervene in the battle between Syngenta and Cedar Chemical.
- M&A Outlook. Walsh, Kerri; Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;3/12/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 10, p15
Discusses the outlook of merger and acquisition activities in the chemical industry for 2003. Reason for the increasing interest for merger and acquisition activities in the industry; Response of several industry executives; Details of other potential deals for the year.