- YOUR COMMENTS. Handmacher, Jack; Holzman-Hadditt, Mary Louise; McCanless, William // Atlanta;Nov2006, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p26
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues related to issues and events in the city of Atlanta, Georgia, including "Four Days of Rage," in the September 2006 issue and "Who the Hell is Cartel?" in the August 2006 issue.
- Letters. Banfield, Simon; Penrose, Antony; Jackson, Paul; Hughes, Darren; Brady, Peter; Chamen, Tim; Smith, G.; Walston, Oliver; Nash, Tess; Hopley, Roger; Wade, Peter // Farmers Weekly;10/22/2004, Vol. 141 Issue 17, p68
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. Benefits from exporting British milk; Cartel operated by supermarkets that destroys the primary producers and robs the consumers; Commitment of the British Parliament to animal welfare.
- Cartel failure: A mistake or do they do it to each other on purpose? Holcomb, James H.; Nelson, Paul S. // Journal of Socio-Economics;Fall91, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p235
Examines the reasons behind the failure of cartels. Incentives for individual members to cheat; Successful cartel agreement; Evidence of non-collusive behavior; Effects of price war.
- Company alliances for market muscle. DeMott, John S. // Nation's Business;Feb94, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p52
Reports on alliances between small firms. EBC Industries' teamnetting with 14 other area companies to give itself more muscle in the domestic and global markets; Challenges to management; Advanced Circuit Technology's formation of an organization called Team Nashua with other manufacturers;...
- `There is no law.' Katz, Jesse // Texas Monthly;Nov97, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p64
Reports on the everyday violence in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. Incidences of violence in one month; Death of Amado Carillo Fuentes, godfather of the Juarez drug cartel; Power struggle occurring in the fight to seize control of Carillo's position; Resulting violence; Violent career of Carillo.
- Keiretsu. Trow, George W.S. // New Yorker;1/27/92, Vol. 67 Issue 49, p28
Comments on the Japanese practice of forming cartels called `Keiretsu'. Interconnected Japanese companies buying from each other; Locking out of foreigners; Trade barrier in Japan.
- Bust of Colombia's Cali cartel makes city's economy go... Lawrence, David Aquila // Christian Science Monitor;11/21/96, Vol. 88 Issue 250, p7
Reports on the impact of the breakup of the Cali cartel on the Colombian city Cali. Description of town in era of Cali cartel; Public response to dissolution of cartel; Comparison of Cali cartel, and Medellin cartel of Pablo Escobar Gaviria; Comments from Hernan Collodo, president of tiremaker...
- A History Lesson. Ma, Henry // Forbes Asia;2/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the civilization of the Philippines.
- Mayor: We're not that dumb! Goodman, Oscar B. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 45, pP28
A letter to the editor about the article "Dumb, Dumber--and We're Dumbest?" that was published in a previous issue of the "Las Vegas Review-Journal" is presented.