SMALL IS BEAUTIFUL
- Critique of `Basic Skills' Is Termed 'Oversimplistic'. Cormany, Robert B. // Education Week;4/26/1989, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p28
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Advocates of Basic Skills," by Gerald W. Bracey in the April 5, 1989 issue.
- IN BOX. Lorenzo, George; Farris, Terry; Kenny, Bob; Scott, Tony // Campus Technology Magazine;Sep2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p3
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to article "The Forces Are Not With You," by Therese Mageau in the July 2012 issue, which discusses the effectiveness of a traditional higher education.
- Untitled. Noland, Juanie // Education Week;8/21/1985, Vol. 4 Issue 40/41, p20
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on the results of the California Basic Educational Skills Test by Rudolf Flesch in the March 20, 1985 issue.
- Letters to the Editor. Hunter, Sue; Zukas, Miriam; Storr, Jane; Porter, Gerald // Adults Learning;Apr2004, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p30
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. Overview of basic skills; Purpose of the Open College Networks; Information on adult educator Konrad Elsdon.
- CORRESPONDENCE. Zweifler, Lynn A.; West, Claudia // Searcher;Mar2004, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p60
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. "All I Want for Christmas Is a Dog," which focused on Web sites; "Muddled Muggles," which discussed the importance of skills to new learners.
- The basic problem. Latham, Andrew S. // Educational Leadership;Mar1998, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p88
Discusses the need to create a model for basic education in the United States that will satisfy the need for vocational competence and critical awareness. Students' eventual success in the workforce; Unresponsiveness of U.S. education to changes in the marketplace; International Center for...
- Job portfolio: `It's the door opener.' Aderman, Betty; Choi, JuWon // Adult Learning;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p26
Discusses the use of basic skills instruction. Where basic skills are located; Details of the pivotal role played by basic skills instructors; Use of job portfolios by basic skills instructors; Use of job portfolios by trainees of the Bronx community College MOSAIC City Works' Job Training...
- Their village, their school, their teacher. R.L.; Velis, Jean-Pierre // UNESCO Sources;Feb95, Issue 66, p14
Focuses on efforts to improve basic education in Mali. Funding; Construction of village schools; Teachers' training; Government's role; Illiteracy rate.
- Breaking through. Melching, Molly // UNESCO Sources;Feb95, Issue 66, p15
Focuses on the TOSTAN Program in Senegal, a project aimed to make learning fun and immediately relevant. Funding; Design; Use of a whole language approach to problem solving; Support from the United Nations.