MYO9B polymorphisms in patients with inflammatory bowel disease
- Regulation of cytokinesis by Rho GTPase flux. Miller, Ann L.; Bement, William M. // Nature Cell Biology;Jan2009, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p71
In animal cells, cytokinesis is powered by a contractile ring of actin filaments (F-actin) and myosin-2. Formation of the contractile ring is dependent on the small GTPase RhoA, which is activated in a precise zone at the cell equator. It has long been assumed that cytokinesis and other...
- Enxymatic activities correlate with chimaeric substitutions at the actin-binding face of myosin. Uyeda, Taro Q. P.; Ruppel, Kathleen M. // Nature;4/7/1994, Vol. 368 Issue 6471, p567
Suggests that the constructed chimaeras of 50K/20K junction, likely to be part of the myosin head that interacts directly with actin, is important in determining the enzymatic activity of myosin. ATPase activities of the wild-type and chimeric myosins; Analysis of the chimeric myosins in an in...
- No neck. // Nature;12/9/1993, Vol. 366 Issue 6455, p510
Features the preparation by S. Itakura and others of a neckless myosin head. Coupling of a reactive cysteine to its neck end, as well as to wild-type heads; Attachment of heads; Attachment of heads to a surface by way of an avidin-biotin link.
- A History Lesson. Ma, Henry // Forbes Asia;2/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the civilization of the Philippines.
- Mayor: We're not that dumb! Goodman, Oscar B. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 45, pP28
A letter to the editor about the article "Dumb, Dumber--and We're Dumbest?" that was published in a previous issue of the "Las Vegas Review-Journal" is presented.
- Postcard from an advertising fantasyland. Gilbride, Stewart // AdMedia;Jun2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p4
Presents a letter to the editor about living in the Middle East.
- TO THE EDITOR. Johnson, Dale L. // American Sociologist;Aug66, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p206
Presents a letter to the editor on the consequences of the "Camelot Project," on the Chileans.
- MOVING FORESTS. Onokpise, Oghenekome; Onokpise, Oghenekome U. // BioScience;Dec85, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p684
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article 'Africa Tomorrow--If We Act Today,' by Chris Elfring.
- How Much Is Too Much. Smith, Luella L. // National Parks;Nov/Dec87, Vol. 61 Issue 11/12, p7
Presents a letter to the editor concerning Yosemite National Park in California.