Right liver lobe diameter:albumin ratio: a new non-invasive parameter for prediction of oesophageal varices in patients with liver cirrhosis (preliminary report)
- Synchronous focal liver lesions in a patient with liver cirrhosis: commonplaces may be misleading. Ghittoni, Giorgia; Caturelli, Eugenio; Rossi, Sandro // Gut;Aug2010, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p1155
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Synchronous focal liver lesions in a patient with liver cirrhosis: commonplaces may be misleading," published in a previous issue.
- Long-term fibrate treatment for PBC. Nakamuta, Makoto; Enjoji, Munechika; Kotoh, Kazuhiro; Shimohashi, Naoya; Tanabe, Yuichi // Journal of Gastroenterology;May2005, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p546
Presents a letter to the editor about long-term fibrate treatment for primary biliary cirrhosis.
- Serum Oligoclonal Immunoglobulin Bands in Cirrhotic Patients. Kalambokis, Georgios; Kolios, Georgios; Seferiadis, Konstantinos; Tsianos, Epameinondas V. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov2005, Vol. 100 Issue 11, p2602
Presents a letter to the editor about the presence of serum oligoclonal immunoglobulin bands (OIBs) in patients with chronic viral hepatitis.
- Report of a Case Showing a Recovery From Liver Cirrhosis To Chronic Hepatitis, Type C, After Glycyrrhizin Injection for 2 Years and a Sustained Response by the Following Interferon Therapy. Watanabe, Makoto; Uchida, Yasushi; Sato, Shuichi; Moritani, Makoto; Hamamoto, Sachiko; Mishiro, Tsuyoshi; Akagi, Shuji; Kinoshita, Yoshikazu; Kohge, Naruaki // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun2001, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p1947
Presents a letter to the editor about the recovery of a patient from liver cirrhosis after glycyrrhizin injection for two years and a sustained response by the following interferon therapy.
- Association between fatigue and decreased survival in primary biliary cirrhosis. Zein, Claudia O.; Mccullough, Arthur J. // Gut;Aug2007, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p1165
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article which gives an account on the stability of fatigue severity in patients with primary biliary cirrhosis, in the 2006 issue.
- Authors' reply. Jones, David E. J.; Newton, Julia L. // Gut;Aug2007, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p1166
A response to a letter to the editor about the article which gives an account on the stability of fatigue severity in patients with primary biliary cirrhosis in the 2006 issue is presented.
- Author's reply. Testa, R. // Gut;Aug2007, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p1167
A response to the letter to the editor about the article concerning the right liver lobe diameter: albumin and platelet count: spleen diameter ratios as non-invasive parameters which can provide accurate information pertinent to determining the presence of oesophageal varices and grading in...
- The non-invasive diagnosis of cirrhosis using the Fibroscan must be performed with cause- specific stiffness cut-offs. Nguyen-Khac, E.; Capron, D.; Braillon, A.; Dupas, J. L. // Gut;Nov2008, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p1630
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on the usage of Fibroscan in the diagnosis of cirrhosis in the 2007 issue.
- Authors' response. Fraquelli, M.; Rigamonti, C.; Colombo, M. // Gut;Nov2008, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p1630
A response by M. Fraquelli and his colleagues to a letter to the editor about their article on transient elastography which identifies cirrhosis in hepatitis patients is presented.