Reforming Canada's Access to Medicines Regime
- AMCP objects. // Drug Topics;5/19/97, Vol. 141 Issue 10, p25
Reports that the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy has signified its opposition to proposed legislation restricting generic substitution for certain drugs.
- N.J. companies warn Assembly on cost of bill. // Drug Store News;7/14/97, Vol. 19 Issue 11, pCP3
Reports that various generic pharmaceutical companies based in New Jersey have sent letters to the New Jersey Assembly urging members to defeat a bill restricting generic substitutions in the state.
- Governor approves NTI restrictions on generics. // Drug Store News;7/14/97, Vol. 19 Issue 11, pCP8
Reports that North Carolina's governor has signed into law a bill that limits the right of pharmacists to substitute generics.
- Chains react swiftly to pending reimbursement cuts. // Chain Drug Review;4/26/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the opposition of the drug store companies in Ontario to the legislation on reducing the reimbursement rate of generic drugs.
- Prescription Under the New York Generic Substitution Law. Francetic, Igor; Lasagna, Louis; Weintraub, Michael; Karch, Fred E. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar80, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p419
Evaluates the New York State generic substitution law which mandates substitution of a less expensive product if the physician signs the prescription for an eligible brand name drug. Options given by the law to the physician; Purpose of drug substitution; Assessment of prescription filling and...
- The Generic Prescribing Issue. Brater, D. Craig; Pettinger, William A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar80, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p426
Editorial. Comments on the issue facing the passage of generic drug substitution laws in the U.S. Goal of generic drug substitution laws; Need to consider the motives of both the proponents and opponents of the law in facing the issue; Analysis of who carries liability for the decision to...
- Generic Biotech Picking Up Steam. // Drug Discovery & Development;Apr2009, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the rise in the use of generic biotech drugs instead of biotech drugs in the U.S. Proposal for increasing the use of generic drugs was made in March 2009 and a bill related to the issue has been passed by representative Henry A. Mazman. The bill allots only five year time...
- Abu Dhabi moves towards generic prescribing. // PharmaWatch: Monthly Review;Jun2009, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p39
The article reports on the move of the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi in United Arab Emirates towards prescription of generic drugs in the country. It notes that Health Authority of Abu Dhabi also forces doctors throughout the area to use generic drugs by molecular name. However, the law in the...
- 'No consultation' concern over generic switching. // GP: General Practitioner;5/1/2009, p16
The article reports on the argument concerning the plan of Great Britain's government to introduce a second legislation on the use generic drugs. It reveals that the legislation can be implemented without consulting parliament members. However, Health Minister Ara Darzi and General Practitioners...