- Dear Ranger Rick. Lucie, D'H.; James, H.; Emma, N.; David, C. // Ranger Rick;Sep2009, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p1
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to article about the making of a maple syrup in the February 2009 issue and in regards to a reader's experience in holding a baby sea turtle during their vacation in Bali, Indonesia, and the author's experience of a walking stick insect in...
- ARGIOPE ROMANCE. Wagoner, Susan // Illinois Audubon;Summer2014, Issue 328, p9
The article presents the author's insights on the reproduction of two Argiope spiders.
- LETTERS. // Consumer Reports;Mar1992, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p140
Several letters to the editor are presented including one in response to the article "Memo to Members" in the November 1991 issue, one in response to an article in the January 1991 issue on pancake and maple syrups, and one in response to an article in the November 1991 issue on a computerized...
- Pouring it on. Schultz, Christine, // Yankee;Mar97, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p24
Presents trivial information about maple syrup in the United States. Number of states that produce more maple syrup than Vermont; Syrup production in Vermont in 1996; Average cost of a half-gallop of maple syrup.
- How sweet it is! Archibald, Roger // American Forests;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 100 Issue 3/4, p28
Discusses the production of maple syrup. Sugaring-off time at a maple farm; Time of harvest; Tapping the trees for maple sap; Demand for true maple syrup; Average gallons produced by the farm annually; Maple-collection techniques; Word-of-mouth marketing. INSETS: See for yourself.;The stress...
- SUGARIN' TIME. Harris, Steven // Christian Science Monitor;3/28/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 87, p22
Reports on the process of drilling maple trees for sap to make maple syrup. INSET: Tap into some syrup of your own.
- The Sweetest Season. Oliver, Peter // Ski;Feb2011, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p32
The article focuses on the creation of maple syrup during the spring season in Vermont.
- NUMBERS IN THE NEWS. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;3/5/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 18, p3
A graph is presented that show the gallons of maple syrup made in New England states in 2011.
- How to clarify maple syrup. Simmons, Judy // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p25
Suggests a method of clarifying maple syrup.