Relation between incidence of hepatic carcinogenesis and integration value of alanine aminotransferase in patients with hepatitis C virus infection
- Do GST Polymorphisms Modulate the Frequency of Chromosomal Aberrations in Healthy Subjects? // Environmental Health Perspectives;Sep2009, Vol. 117 Issue 9, pA384
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the modulating effect of glutathione S-transferase (GST) polymorphisms on healthy subjects.
- Glutathione S-transferase (GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTA1) polymorphisms and outcomes after treatment for acute myeloid leukemia: pharmacogenetics in Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG) clinical trials. Weiss, J. R.; Kopecky, K. J.; Godwin, J.; Anderson, J.; Willman, C. L.; Moysich, K. B.; Slovak, M. L.; Hoque, A.; Ambrosone, C. B. // Leukemia (08876924);Dec2006, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p2169
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Glutathione S-Transferase (GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTA1) Polymorphisms and Outcomes After Treatment for Acute Myeloid Leukemia: Pharmacogenetics in Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG) Clinical Trials" that was published in a previous issue.
- A histone H3 lysine 36 trimethyltransferase links Nkx2-5 to Wolfâ€“Hirschhorn syndrome. Nimura, Keisuke; Ura, Kiyoe; Shiratori, Hidetaka; Ikawa, Masato; Okabe, Masaru; Schwartz, Robert J.; Kaneda, Yasufumi // Nature;7/9/2009, Vol. 460 Issue 7252, p287
Diverse histone modifications are catalysed and recognized by various specific proteins, establishing unique modification patterns that act as transcription signals. In particular, histone H3 trimethylation at lysine 36 (H3K36me3) is associated with actively transcribed regions and has been...
- Molecular characterization of eukaryotic polysialyltransferase-1. Eckhardt, Matthias; Muhlenhoff, Martina // Nature;2/23/1995, Vol. 373 Issue 6516, p715
Describes the molecular characterization of polysialyltransferse, the key enzyme of eukaryotic polysialic acid (PSA) synthesis. Importance of PSA in facial learning and memory.
- Extremely elevated GGT in nondrinker. P.G.O'C. // Cortlandt Forum;11/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p93
Replies to an inquiry on the treatment of elevated glutamyltransferase (GGT) levels in a nondrinking patient. Common causes of GGT increased levels.
- A History Lesson. Ma, Henry // Forbes Asia;2/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the civilization of the Philippines.
- Mayor: We're not that dumb! Goodman, Oscar B. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 45, pP28
A letter to the editor about the article "Dumb, Dumber--and We're Dumbest?" that was published in a previous issue of the "Las Vegas Review-Journal" is presented.
- Postcard from an advertising fantasyland. Gilbride, Stewart // AdMedia;Jun2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p4
Presents a letter to the editor about living in the Middle East.
- TO THE EDITOR. Johnson, Dale L. // American Sociologist;Aug66, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p206
Presents a letter to the editor on the consequences of the "Camelot Project," on the Chileans.