- Einstein, Masers, and Lasers: Asking New Questions. Siegman, Anthony // Physics Today;Feb2006, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p11
The article presents a letter to the editor about masers and lasers.
- The Orbitron as a stimulated-bremsstrahlung glow-discharge maser. Rosenberg, A.; Felsteiner, J.; Ben-Aryeh, Y.; Politch, J. // Journal of Applied Physics;7/15/1986, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p559
Presents information on a study which proposed a physical explanation for the operation of the Orbitron as a stimulated-bremmstrahlung glow-discharge maser. Insight on the development of the Orbitron maser; Methodology of the study; Results and discussion.
- Recovery of electron energy in cyclotron autoresonance masers. Bratman, V.L.; Phelps, A.D.R.; Savilov, A.V. // Physics of Plasmas;Jun97, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p2285
Studies possibilities of efficiency enhancement in cyclotron autoresonance masers (CARM) due to the use of recovery of the electron energy with a single-step depressed collector scheme. Motion of electrons with different initial velocities in the CARM; Operation in various regimes at both...
- A water-vapour giga-maser in the active galaxy TXFS2226-184. Koekemoer, Anton M.; Henkel, Christian // Nature;12/14/1995, Vol. 378 Issue 6558, p697
Reports on the detection of a water giga-maser in the radio galaxy TXFS2226-184. Role of giga-masers in determining distances to galaxies outside the usual distance ladder; Properties of radio galaxy TXFS2226-184.
- Mode selection by priming in an overmoded electron cyclotron maser. McCurdy, Alan H.; Armstrong, Carter M. // Physics of Fluids B: Plasma Physics;Jan91, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p212
It has been found that an externally injected signal can strongly influence the steady-state electromagnetic mode in which a pulsed electron cyclotron maser (ECM) operates. A careful experimental examination reveals that the process by which this occurs is similar to the oscillator phase priming...
- MASERs set to challenge lasers with new solid state technology. // Electro Optics;Oct2012, Issue 227, p15
The article reports on the advantages of solid-state technology Microwave Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation over laser based on a study by the National Physical Laboratory and Imperial College of London, one of them is improved chemical sensors.
- Bill Maser. // BLACFAX;Winter98, Vol. 8 Issue 35, p19
Presents information on Bill Maser, talk show host on W.E.V.D. Information on Maser's views on Black Americans; How persons views Maser.
- isotropic. // Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography;2005, p1
Having equal and uniform properties at all points and in all directions. In astronomy the term describes microwave background radiation.
- A History Lesson. Ma, Henry // Forbes Asia;2/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the civilization of the Philippines.