- the 2013 Goldies AWARDS. King, Paul; Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;5/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p20
The article offers information on the third annual Goldies Awards, a collaboration between the magazine FoodService Director (FSD) and culinary college The Culinary Institute of America that provides appreciation to the best practices in non-commercial food service.
- FSD's HFM HEADLINER: Carolyn Hackworth, Jonesboro, AR. // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p1
This article reports on the awarding of Carolyn Hackworth of St. Bernards Medical Center, as the FoodService Director's Headliner. Karen Weisberg, senior editor of FoodService Director, will present the award during the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management's National Training...
- Food Service Management. // Food Service Management -- FIW;2010, p1
The article offers basic information about food service management in the U.S. It states that the growth of food service is set to be driven by demand for value in light of the fragile economic recovery. It notes that some universities are moving to a multi-contractor approach for food service...
- Comments on Restaurant Inspections. Zaki, Mahfouz H. // American Journal of Public Health;Apr1979, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p390
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the inspection of restaurant's performance in the July 1978 issue.
- A food's life. Boranyak, Sharon // Industrial Engineer: IE;Jun2007, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Everything But the Kitchen," in the April 2007 issue.
- LOOKING UP: NEW FOR '02. Schruntek, Walter J. // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p27
Presents various news important to foodservice operators as of January 15, 2002. Foodservice operators' optimism about the prospects for growth in 2002; Additional features of the 'FoodService Director' magazine.
- The '99 Menu. Schruntek, Walter J. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p40
Opinion. Provides an overview on industry news and trend features that will be presented on the pages of `FoodService Director' magazine in 1999. Expansion of calendar and research efforts; Menu development; Emerging business opportunities; Monthly report on vegetarian menu and marketing idea;...
- 1998: Revenues rise 8%; volume tops $17.1 bil. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p75
Reports on the results of a survey conducted by `FoodService Director,' which revealed an increase in revenues of foodservice management contractors in 1998 in the United States. Business activities of companies in 1998; Diversification move made by Host Marriott; Projections for 1999; Insights...
- UNIT GAINS: Recreation up 47%; B&I units gain 23% more. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p76
Reports the results of a survey conducted by `FoodService Directors,' on the market segments growth of foodservice industry in the United States in 1998. Explanations from industry officials; Overall market growth of the industry; Outlook for the college foodservice.