Atrial Flutter Simulated by a Portable Compact Disk Player
- A Wide Tachycardia of Uncertain Cause. Grauer, Ken // Hospital Medicine Alert;Jan2012, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p84
This article originally appeared in the November 15, 2011, issue of Internal Medicine Alert. It was edited by Stephen Brunton, MD, and peer reviewed by Gerald Roberts, MD. Dr. Brunton is Adjunct Clinical Professor, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, and Dr. Roberts is Assistant Clinical...
- ECG of the month. Regan, Clare; Regan, Martin // British Journal of Cardiac Nursing;Jun2012, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p293
The article presents an electrocardiogram (ECG) to be analysed by the readers, based on the case of a 36-year-old male admitted hospital with palpitations and dizziness; several questions on the ECG are included.
- Atrial Flutter Demonstrated by M-Mode Echocardiography. Patel, Neil; Mallulla, Kiran; Abdulla, Ra-id // Pediatric Cardiology;Jun2014, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p893
This report and images describe a case of atrial flutter with 2:1 conduction pattern in a 3 year-old male with d-TGA, ASD, and VSD status-post repair, which was demonstrated by M-mode echocardiography.
- Tool predicts 10-year risk of patients developing AF. Tanday, Sanjay // GP: General Practitioner;3/6/2009, p14
The article presents a study conducted by the researchers at Boston University School of Medicine analyzing the way to score the atrial flutter (AF) risk using clinical markers. The study found that out of 4,762 participating patients, 10% went on developing AF. On the other hand, the...
- Benign rhythm disturbance or ominous marker? Crawford, Wayne // JAAPA: Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (;Jul2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p55
No abstract available.
- A Combined Algorithm for Identification and Differentiation of Atrial Flutter and Atrial Fibrillation Based on ECG Analysis. Malakhov, A.; Schookin, S.; Ivancov, V.; Tikhomirov, A. // Biomedical Engineering;May2013, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p14
An algorithm for automatic detection of atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation is presented. The algorithm is based on the analysis of the intervals between R waves (RR intervals), percentage of Ð wave duration related to total signal (SP), as well as the analysis of the diagram of...
- Diagnosis of supraventricular tachycardias. Nijjer, Sukhjinder S.; Sohaib, S. M. Afzal; Whinnett, Zachary I.; Lefroy, David C. // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Feb2014 Supplement, pC22
The article offers information on the diagnosis of supraventricular tachycardia. Topics include its classifications such as sinus tachycardia, atrioventricular nodal re-entrant tachycardia, and atrial tachycardia, the use of an electrocardiogram for identification of arrhythmia, and the...
- Imaging-based right-atrial anatomy by computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and three-dimensional transoesophageal echocardiography: correlations with anatomic specimens. Faletra, Francesco Fulvio; Muzzarelli, Stefano; Dequarti, Maria Cristina; Murzilli, Romina; Bellu, Roberto; Ho, Siew Yen // European Heart Journal - Cardiovascular Imaging;Dec2013, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p1123
Nowadays computed tomography, cardiac magnetic resonance imaging, and tridimensional transoesophageal echocardiography provide anatomic images of right-atrial structures with an impressive richness of anatomical details. It is therefore surprising that these techniques are not routinely used as...
- Transesophageal Echocardiography of Intracardiac Thrombus in Congenital Heart Disease and Atrial Flutter: The Importance of Thorough Examination of the Fontan. Yousef, Nida; Philips, Molly; Shetty, Ira; Cui, Vivian; Zimmerman, Frank; Roberson, David // Pediatric Cardiology;Oct2014, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p1099
Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) is used in atrial flutter or fibrillation (AFF) before electric cardioversion to detect intracardiac thrombi. Previous studies have described the use of TEE to diagnose intracardiac thrombi in the left atrium and left atrial appendage, which has an...