Avascular necrosis after a steroid injection
- Avascular necrosis after a steroid injection. Juéry, Pierre // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/13/2007, Vol. 176 Issue 6, p814
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Avascular necrosis of the femoral heads after single corticosteroid injection," by Gunal I. and others in the 2006 issue.
- Localized Avascular Necrosis of Lesser Curve of Stomach Complicating Highly Selective Vagotomy. Halvorsen, Jan F.; Heimann, Peter; Solhaug, Jan H.; Jacobsen, Knut B. // British Medical Journal;6/14/1975, Vol. 2 Issue 5971, p590
Examines the case of localized avascular necrosis of the lesser curve of the stomach after selective vagotomy in Great Britain. Causes on the perforation of the stomach with diffuse peritonitis; Measurement of the perforation found on the lesser curve; Reduction in gastric acid secretion.
- Early diagnosis and treatment of steroid induced avascular necrosis of bone. Nixon, John E. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);3/10/1984, Vol. 288 Issue 6419, p741
Examines the early diagnosis and treatment of steroid induced avascular necrosis of the bone. Prevalence of steroid induced avascular necrosis of the bone to patients with renal transplants; Evaluation of technique used in detecting avascular necrosis of the bone; Effect of reducing the...
- Bevacizumab/sunitinib. // Reactions Weekly;8/13/2011, Issue 1364, p10
The article describes the cases of three patients who developed avascular necrosis of the femoral head after treatment with bevacizumab or sunitinib.
- ERRATUM. // Indian Journal of Orthopaedics;Jan-Mar2010, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p111
A correction to the article "Management of Avascular Necrosis of Femoral Head at Pre-Collapse Stage," by R. K. Sen which appeared in a 2009 issue is presented.
- An unusual source of wrist pain. McCue III, Frank C.; Hussamy, Omar D. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Dec95, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p33
Reports on a case of avascular necrosis of the lunate, or Kienbock's disease in a recreational weight lifter. Negative ulnar variance; Successful treatment with ulnar lengthening procedure and immobilization; Wrist pain and limited wrist motion; Benefits from an equalization of the distal...
- Osteoarthritis of the Glenohumeral Joint. Carfagno, David G.; Ellenbecker, Todd S. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Apr2002, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p19
Examines the incidence of glenohumeral osteoarthritis. Identification of avascular femoral necrosis; Indication of rheumatoid arthritis; Observation of weight-bearing joints.
- Methylprednisolone/prednisolone/prednisone. // Reactions Weekly;10/9/2010, Issue 1322, p22
The article describes the case of a 51-year-old woman who presented with avascular necrosis of the femoral heads after treatment with corticosteroids for immunosuppression, referencing a study published in the October 2009 issue of the journal "NDT Plus."
- Avascular necrosis of bone after renal transplantation: role of parathyroid hormone and vitamin D. Page, C.M.; Hulme, B.; Papapoulos, S.E.; O'Riordan, J.L.H. // British Medical Journal;9/2/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6138, p664
Examines the role of parathyroid hormone and vitamin D in the avascular necrosis of bone after renal transplantation. Rate of prevalence of radiological necrosis; Use of the measure of serum 25-OHD concentration as index of vitamin D status; Common complication of chronic renal failure.