Health science research in Hungary
- Reverse translation: clearing a path from bedside to bench. Moore, David R. // Nature;7/17/2008, Vol. 454 Issue 7202, p274
This letter to the editor comments on the news feature "The Full Cycle" on the relationship between research and practice in medical science published in volume 453 of this journal in 2008.
- The use of animals in research. Lachmann, Peter // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/4/92, Vol. 305 Issue 6844, p1
Examines the use of animals in biomedical research by the National Health Service in Great Britain. Advances in biomedical sciences; Importance of animals and humans beings on advances of biomedical sciences; Scrutiny over the ethics of biomedical research.
- Awards: Beit fellowships forge a Nobel link. McMichael, Andrew; Chantler, Cyril // Nature;10/25/2012, Vol. 490 Issue 7421, p487
The article focuses on the merge of the Beit Memorial Fellowship scheme with the Welcome Trust Intermediate Fellowship.
- University of Minn. Regents Set $146M for Biomedical Projects. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/13/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33381, p4
The article reports that the Regents of the University of Minnesota will sell 146 million dollars of bonds to fund biomedical science research facilities in Minnesota.
- Nature Medicine hosts international conference. Nathan, Richard // Nature Medicine;Dec98, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p1345
Reports highlights of the international conference hosted by the 'Nature Medicine' periodical in Japan in November 1998. Attendance of Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko during the event; Presentations from biomedical researchers from different countries.
- Mathematical Models in Medical Sciences: a balance in Knowledge. Ogunsalu, C. // West Indian Medical Journal;Mar2010, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p230
The article discusses the importance of mathematical models in laboratory and clinical experiments.
- Dwindling research funds worry some in the medical community. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Feb2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p37
The article reports on falling funding for biomedical research in the U.S.
- Banking on tissue banks for translational research: the first step. Hariprasad, Gururao // Current Science (00113891);4/10/2011, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p962
The article discusses the importance of tissue banks in making translational research significant in health sciences.
- Research briefs. // GP: General Practitioner;2/17/2003, p4
Presents information related to various researches conducted in the field of medical sciences in various parts of the world as of February 17, 2003. Association of various bacteria with an increase short-term risk of death; Connection between Western diet and colorectal cancer.