- LETTERS. Serio, Gregory; Rheeder, Rick // Fire Chief;Jul2005, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p8
Presents letters to the editor concerning the fire safety and prevention.
- How Elevated Homes Alter Firefighting Tactics. BALDANZA, MAURO V. "BUZZ" // Fire Engineering;Sep2014, Vol. 167 Issue 9, p79
In the article, the author discusses how elevated homes change firefighting tactics. Among the parts of said houses that adversely affect fire operations are the front, rear and interior entrances, exterior walls, and utilities. The other factors include emergency power source, foundations, and...
- Letters to the Editor. Wren Jr., Gordon // Fire Engineering;May2004, Vol. 157 Issue 5, p68
Presents letters to the editor about fire extinction and prevention. Life safety; Procedure for fire alarm activations; Importance of ventilation.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Wilson, David; Havel, Gregory; Parker, Ward; Sonefeld, Mike; Barker, Rob; Montagna, Frank // Fire Engineering;Oct2007, Vol. 160 Issue 10, p74
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "The Ben Franklin Dance," by Alan Brunacini and "The Fire Service's Most Powerful Tool," by Bobby Halton in the July, 2007 issue and "Coping with the Challenges of Forced Retirement" by Paul...
- Bournemouth extinguisher decision highlights wider anomalies. // Fire Safety Engineering;May2008, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p13
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to the article on regulatory anomalies of fire extinguishers in apartments in the previous issue.
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Leidig, Timothy; Vestal, Jason N. // Fire Engineering;Feb2009, Vol. 162 Issue 2, p56
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "With the Deepest Respect" in the October 2008 issue, and one about a collection of the articles of "Fire Engineering's" Tom Brennan.
- FSE MAIL. // Fire Safety Engineering;Dec2008/Jan2009, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p15
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including an article published in Liverpool Daily Post in its November 24, 2008 issue, "First Aid Firefighting" in the October 28, 2009 issue of Fire Safety Engineering (FSE) magazine, and "Hidden Dangers" in...
- Letters to the Editor. // Fire Engineering;Apr2004, Vol. 157 Issue 4, p72
Presents letters to the editor related to fire prevention in the United States. Need of an integrated system of fire protection; Responsibility of company officers for safety; Functions of the National Fire Protection Association.
- Checking for fire spread at a high-rise fire. Dunn, Vincent // Fire Engineering;Mar1996, Vol. 149 Issue 3, p26
Recommends procedure to follow when searching for fire extension during a high-rise fire. Window-to-window fire spread; Curtain wall void; Utility costs; Air-conditioning periphery vents; Floor collapse; Open stairway; Central air-conditioning return ducts.