Caring for young adults with diabetes
- Barthel and Nottingham extended ADL (NEADL) scales: Assessment of disability in chronic airflow... // Age & Ageing;Jan96 Supplement 1, Vol. 25, p9
Presents an abstract of the report `Barthel and Nottingham extended ADL (NEADL) scales: Assessment of disability in chronic airflow limitation (CAL) in old age,' by A. Yohannes et al, presented during the Autumn Meeting of the British Geriatrics Society on October 13 and 14, 1995 in London, England.
- Living every moment. Cuplin, Melanie // Scholastic Choices;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the 14-year-old author's experience of coping with the terminal disease, cystic fibrosis. Background information on the author; Number of times the author was hospitalized; Author's wish which was granted by the Children's Wish Foundation and United Parcel Service in Colorado. ...
- Knowledge exchange systems for youth health and chronic disease prevention: a tri-provincial case study. Murnaghan, D.; Morrison, W.; Griffith, E. J.; Bell, B. L.; Duffley, L. A.; McGarry, K.; Manske, S. // Maladies Chroniques et Blessures au Canada;41518, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p257
Introduction: The research teams undertook a case study design using a common analytical framework to investigate three provincial (Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick and Manitoba) knowledge exchange systems. These three knowledge exchange systems seek to generate and enhance the use of...
- Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance -- Selected Steps Communities, 2005. Brener, Nancy D.; Kann, Laura; Garcia, Danyael; MacDonald, Goldie; Ramsey, Fred; Honeycutt, Sally; Hawkins, Joseph; Kinchen, Steve; Harns, Williams A. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;2/24/2007, Vol. 56 Issue SS-2, p1
Problem: Unhealthy dietary behaviors, physical inactivity, and tobacco use contribute to chronic disease and other health conditions, including obesity, diabetes, and asthma. These behaviors often are established during childhood and adolescence, extend into adulthood, are interrelated, and are...
- Working with Adolescents who have a Chronic Disease: Information for Educators and Counsellors. Napodi, Caitie // Antistasis;2015, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p72
The article focuses on a research on career development in adolescents with chronic disease. Topics discussed include increase survival of people with chronic disease that may allow them to pursue their career, limited employment opportunities available to chronic disease adolescents, challenges...
- Development of an Accelerometer-Linked Online Intervention System to Promote Physical Activity in Adolescents. Guthrie, Nicole; Bradlyn, Andrew; Thompson, Sharon K.; Yen, Sophia; Haritatos, Jana; Dillon, Fred; Cole, Steve W. // PLoS ONE;May2015, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p1
Most adolescents do not achieve the recommended levels of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity (MVPA), placing them at increased risk for a diverse array of chronic diseases in adulthood. There is a great need for scalable and effective interventions that can increase MVPA in adolescents. Here...
- Research & commentary. Rogers, Margaret // Paediatric Nursing;Feb2004, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on the research "Managing Communication With Young People Who Have Potentially Life Threatening Chronic Illness: Qualitative Study of Patients and Parents," by B. Young et al, published in the "British Medical Journal."
- Literature Reviews: Adolescent Medicine. Lampe, John B.; Braverman, Paula K. // Clinical Pediatrics;Sep2001, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p529
Presents a review of high risk behaviors among adolescents with chronic illnesses. Results of various surveys regarding the sexual activity of patients with cystic fibrosis; Issues concerning substance use and abuse; Study of patients with diabetes.
- Repressing Distress in Childhood: A Defense against Health-Related Stress. Gil, Armande // Child Psychiatry & Human Development;Fall2005, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p27
This paper is a review of empirical investigations of the repressive adaptive style in youth. Studies were selected on the basis of their adherence to Weinberger et al.ï¿½s ( J Abnorm Psychol 88: 369ï¿½380, 1979) paradigm, consisting of the interaction between a measure of distress and a...