They Just Don't Get It!
- On the wrong side of the tracks. Kamalick, Joe; Boswell, Clay // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;11/20/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 19, p28
The article discusses the move of U.S. chemical manufacturers to join with rail shippers in an effort to improve railroad service in the country. American Chemistry Council managing director for federal affairs Marty Durbin comments on the importance of the improvement to the industry....
- PEOPLE WATCH. // Plastics News;11/16/2009, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p13
The article announces that Marty Durbin has been appointed as executive vice president of government affairs for the American Petroleum Institute, Fred Norman as president and chief operating officer of AOC LLC, and Pat Murphy as sales representative for Archway Sales Inc. southeast region.
- ACC disappointed in New Jersey action. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/5/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 19, p12
The article reports that the American Chemistry Council (ACC) is disappointed over the action of New Jersey government for abandoning a partnership with the chemical industry on security measures, a partnership that has been three years in development. According to ACC security team leader Marty...
- Slick Operators. Davenport, Coral // National Journal;3/3/2012, p9
The article focuses on the oil industry. It discusses the strategy of the oil lobby to protect its interests, including tax breaks, less regulation and more oil drillings. Also explored are the comparative contributions of the industry to the campaign coffers of the Republican Party and the...
- Tough challenges to ethanol in RFS cast cloud on convention. WARD, MINDY // Kansas Farmer (0022-8583);Apr2013, Vol. 151 Issue 4, p13
Infiormation about several topics discussed at the National Ethanol Conference held in February 4-7, 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada on the need to retain the existing Renewable Fuels Standard (RFS) is presented. Topics include the decline of the ethanol production in the U.S. due to drought, the call...
- Marty Durbin on First command's 'Perfect Storm,' Moving Beyond, and Serving Middle America. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2006, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p18
The article presents an interview with Marty Durbin, the President and chief operating officer of First Command Financial Planning in Fort Worth, Texas. Topics discussed include how different the public perception of First Command is from his own perception, the reasons behind a $12 million NASD...
- Sites "more secure" since 9/11. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/17/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 10, p12
The article puts into perspectives the state of the U.S. chemical industry in the aftermath of September 11 terrorist strikes. Marty Durbin, managing director for federal affairs at the American Chemistry Council, says that companies are now well protected. The U.S. Congress passed a law in late...
- A History Lesson. Ma, Henry // Forbes Asia;2/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the civilization of the Philippines.
- Mayor: We're not that dumb! Goodman, Oscar B. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 45, pP28
A letter to the editor about the article "Dumb, Dumber--and We're Dumbest?" that was published in a previous issue of the "Las Vegas Review-Journal" is presented.