- When Holmdel lab opened for business. McCall, Gene H. // Physics Today;Sep2010, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p11
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about laboratory architecture by Stuart Leslie in the April 2010 issue.
- Letters. Larsen, Ray; Michaels, Joelle; Speer, R. W.; McDonell, Geoff // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Jan2008, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p9
Several letter to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Stocking stuffers for engineers," "Selecting radiant ceiling cooling and heating systems," in the December 2007 issue and data collection for the Commercial Buildings Energy Consumption Survey...
- Letter to the editor: extend proposed boiler scheme. Lee, David // Builders Merchants Journal;Oct2009, p59
A letter to the editor is presented that stresses the significant value of direct-acting heating products and suggests to extend the means in disposing antiquated storage heaters for consumers' sake.
- Engineering laboratory handover marks new era of research and development at TWI. // Welding & Cutting;2015, Issue 1, p8
The article reports that the construction of a large-scale engineering and test facility in Great Britain was completed and was handed over to The Welding Institute in December 2014.
- GEA establishes test lab. // Dairy Industries International;Feb2016, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the establishment of an in-house test laboratory of dairy processing industry supplier GEA to give its engineers the opportunity to test powder properties and create powder packaging systems at the company's facility in Hamilton, New Zealand.
- Solution heating and cooling showcase. // Products Finishing;May97, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p90
Features solution heating and cooling equipment. Teflon-covered electric immersion heaters from Chromalox; Custom-designed and manufactured high-performance heat exchanger coils from Vulcanium Corporation; PCT cold trap chillers from Polycold Systems International.
- Ten Keys To Successful Mini-Split Installations. Miles, John; Taylor, Stu // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/16/2003, Vol. 219 Issue 7, p14
Discusses keys to successful installation of mini-splits, an alternative heating and cooling solution. Liquid and suction lines; Control voltage; Filter cleaning; Unit location.
- Buying Heating & Cooling Systems. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;1999, p139
Discusses the factors to consider in buying heating and cooling systems for home use.
- `Powermiser' ARI-certified with new energy indicators. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/17/97, Vol. 200 Issue 7, p33
Describes the Powermiser heating-cooling-hot water integrated system from Nordyne, introduced at the 1997 International Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration Exposition. Efficiency of the heat recovery unit; Modes of operation; Combined cooling performance factor and combined heating...