British Society of Gastroenterology guidelines for the diagnosis of Barrett's oesophagus: are we casting the net too wide?
- PPIs May Not Predispose to Eosinophilic Esophagitis. Moawad, Fouad J.; Maydonovitch, Corinne L.; Lake, Jason M.; Veerappan, Ganesh R. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Feb2010, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p468
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "PPIs May Not Predipose to Eosinophilic Esophagitis" in the previous issue.
- Response to Orel and Turk, and to Moawad et al. Spechler, Stuart Jon; Merwat, Shehzad Nawaz // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Feb2010, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p469
A response by Stuart Jon Spechler and Shehzad Merwat to a letter to the editor about their article on the risk of acid-suppressive medications on eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE) in the previous issue is presented.
- Re: Might the Use of Acid-Suppressive Medications Predispose to the Development of Eosinophilic Esophagitis? Orel, Rok; Turk, Helena // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Feb2010, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p468
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Might the Use of Acid-Suppressive Medications Predispose to the Development of Eosinophilic Esophagitis ?" in the previous issue.
- Recording diaphragm activity by an oesophageal probe: a new tool to evaluate the recovery of diaphragmatic paralysis. Bordessoule, Alice; Emeriaud, Guillaume; Delnard, Nancy; Beck, Jennifer; Jouvet, Philippe // Intensive Care Medicine;Nov2010, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p1978
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the use of an oesophageal probe to examine the recovery of diaphragmatic paralysis.
- Four Directed Biopsies are Better Than Eight Random Biopsies to Find Intestinal Metaplasia in Columnar Lined Esophagus. Chandrasoma, Parakrama // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct2007, Vol. 102 Issue 10, p2352
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article in the previous issue which conclude that four directed biopsies are better than eight random biopsies in finding intestinal metaplasia in columnar lined esophagus.
- Spontaneous intramural esophageal hematoma. // Hippokratia;Jul2011, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p280
A letter to the editor is presented whcih dicusses the medical condition of a 79-year-old woman who was diagnosed with intramural hematoma of the esophagus (IHE).
- New imaging techniques: promise or passe. Wallace, M.B. // Gut;Jul2003, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p1072
Presents a letter to the editor published in the July 2003 issue of 'Gut' journal about the potential of laser-induced fluorescence endoscopy and methylene blue-directed biopsy for detecting dysplasia in Barrett's esophagus.
- Montelukast and Maintenance of Steroid-Induced Remission in Eosinophilic Esophagitis. Filik, Levent // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;Jan2012, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p258
No abstract available.
- Esophageal Studies in Patients with Noncardiac Chest Pain. // American Family Physician;9/1/1996, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p1073
Presents an abstract of the study `Diagnostic value of esophageal studies in patients with angina-like chest pain and normal coronary angiograms,' by O. Frobert et al, published in `Annals of Internal Medicine.'