Paraoxonase 1, 2 and 3 DNA variants and susceptibility to childhood inflammatory bowel disease
- Letter to the Editor. Demirkol, Sait; Cakar, Mustafa; Balta, Sevket; Arslan, Zekeriya; Unlu, Murat; Kucuk, Ugur // Advances in Interventional Cardiology;2012, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p365
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Paraoxonase-1 activity and the Levels of Lipids and Lipid Peroxidation Markers in Arterial Versus Venous Blood Samples in Coronary Angiography Patients" in a 2012 issue.
- Letter to the Editor. Göçmen, Ayşe Yeşim; Gümüğlü, Saadet; Günaydin, İlhan; Semiz, Ender // Advances in Interventional Cardiology;2012, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p365
A response by Y. A. GÃ¶Ã§men and colleagues to a letter to the editor about their article "Paraoxonase-1 activity and the Levels of Lipids and Lipid Peroxidation Markers in Arterial Versus Venous Blood Samples in Coronary Angiography Patients" in a 2012 issue is presented.
- Paraoxonase 2 Acts as a Quorum Sensing-Quenching Factor in Human Keratinocytes. Simanski, Maren; Babucke, Sarah; Eberl, Leo; Harder, Jürgen // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Sep2012, Vol. 132 Issue 9, p2296
A letter to the editor is presented regarding a study on the induction of paraoxonase (PON)2 gene expression in human keratinocytes.
- Paraoxonase-1 and clopidogrel efficacy. Cuisset, Thomas; Morange, Pierre-Emmanuel; Quilici, Jacques; Bonnet, Jean Louis; Gachet, Christian; Alessi, Marie-Christine // Nature Medicine;Sep2011, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p1039
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the article by H. J. Bouman and colleagues showing that the major determinant of clopidogrel biological efficacy and stent thrombosis is the paraoxonase-1 (PON1) polymorphism.
- Paraoxonase-1 and clopidogrel efficacy. Camps, Jordi; Joven, Jorge; Mackness, Bharti; Mackness, Michael; Tawfik, Dan; Draganov, Dragomir; Costa, Lucio G; Paragh, György; Seres, Ildikó; Horke, Sven; James, Richard; Hernández, Antonio; Reddy, Srinivasa; Shih, Diana; Navab, Mohamed; Rochu, Daniel; Aviram, Michael // Nature Medicine;Sep2011, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p1041
A letter to the editor is presented concerning an in vitro experiment of the conversion of an oxidized clopidogrel into an active thiol metabolite in a paraoxonase-1 (PON1)-catalyzed reaction.
- INFLUENCE OF GENETIC VARIATION ON PON1 ACTIVITY AND SUSCEPTIBILITY TO ORGANOPHOSPHATE TOXICITY. Jintana, S.; Sming, K.; Krongtong, Y.; Thanyachai, S. // Journal of Medical Toxicology;Sep2008, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p209
Objective: The hydrolysis of toxic oxon metabolites of organophosphates (OPs) by paraoxonase (PON1) is one of the important factors determining their toxicity to humans. Thus, this study was to determine genetic variation of PON1, PON1 activity and effect on cholinesterase activity. Methods:...
- CORRIGENDUM: Paraoxonase 1 (PON1) Gene Variants Are Not Associated With Clopidogrel Response. // Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Apr2012, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p751
A correction to the article "Paraoxonase 1 (PON1) Gene Variants Are Not Associated With Clopidogrel Response" in the 2011 issue is presented.
- A History Lesson. Ma, Henry // Forbes Asia;2/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the civilization of the Philippines.
- Mayor: We're not that dumb! Goodman, Oscar B. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 45, pP28
A letter to the editor about the article "Dumb, Dumber--and We're Dumbest?" that was published in a previous issue of the "Las Vegas Review-Journal" is presented.