- Letters to the Editor. Lloyd, Jim L.; Pattin, Ellen D.; Mackintosh, Helen E.; McPherson, Rita; dan Sickel, John D.; Lauren, Jean; Pollock, B.; Gorges, Barb; Scavelli, Joan; Boni, William F.; Oakley, Allen M.; Smith, Jennette Carlisle; Carr, Chuck; Atwood, S. J.; Anthony, Mark; Rohner, Ann // Smithsonian;Jan85, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p14
Presents several letters to the editor. Exploitation of animal species by man; Passion for art objects; Inhuman practice of falconry.
- Mirror Effects on Feeding Black-Capped Chickadees (Poecile atricapillus). Sumitani, Maki // Journal of Young Investigators;May2014, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p23
Black-capped chickadees (Poecile atricapillus) are a social species that travel in flocks and have a strict dominance hierarchy. Feeding sites enable researchers to explore their intraspecific behaviors as they engage in contests over food. This study investigated whether the presence of a...
- Biological relevance of acoustic signal affects discrimination performance in a songbird. Hoeschele, Marisa; Guillette, Lauren; Sturdy, Christopher // Animal Cognition;Jul2012, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p677
The fee- bee song of the black-capped chickadee ( Poecile atricapillus) is a two-note, tonal song that can be sung at different absolute pitches within an individual. However, these two notes are produced at a consistent relative pitch. Moreover, dominant birds more reliably produce songs with...
- PRESIDENT'S PAGE. // South Dakota Bird Notes;Dec2014, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p83
In this article, the author who defines himself as a lister, talks about the benefits of listing or maintaining state-wise and county-wise lists of birds seen, and encourages people for bird watching and listing. Topics discussed include knowledge about isolated breeding, his experience of...
- Black-capped chickadee. Morrison, Gordon // Horticulture;Oct96, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p34
Presents illustrations of black-capped chickadee.
- Juvenile Dispersal and Development of Site-Fidelity in the Black-Capped Chickadee Meyer, John R.; Weise, Charles M. // Auk (American Ornithologists Union);Jan1979, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p40
No abstract available.
- Black-capped Chickadees and Red-breasted Nuthatches `Weigh' Sunflower Seeds. Heinrich, Brend; Joerg, Chris C. // Auk (American Ornithologists Union);Apr97, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p298
Presents a report entitled `Black-capped Chickadees and Red-breasted Nuthatches `Weigh' Sunflower Seeds,' which summarizes the behavior patterns in chickadees and nuthatches.
- Changes in singing behavior of male black-capped chickadees (Parus atricapillus) following mate removal Ratcliffe, L.; Otter, K. // Behavioral Ecology & Sociobiology;Dec1993, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p409
No abstract available.
- Capture-recapture analysis of a wintering Black-capped chickadee population in Connecticut, 1958... Loery, Gordon; Nichols, James D. // Auk (American Ornithologists Union);Jul97, Vol. 114 Issue 3, p431
Presents a capture-recapture analysis of a wintering population of Black-capped Chickadee (Parus atricapillus) in Connecticut between 1958-1993. Difference between the survival probability of new captures to that of previously marked birds; Average survival probability for the period; Details...