Frequency of Hypertension in Patients With Gout
- Professional guidelines differ. Earl, Susie C.; Hull, Richard // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/1/2008, Vol. 336 Issue 7642, p463
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Management of Recurrent Gout" by R. Fox in the February 9, 2008 issue.
- Frequency of Hypertension in Patients With Gout. Sarawate, Chaitanya A. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Nov2006, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p1509
A response by Chaitanya A. Sarawate to a letter to the editor about her article that discusses gout management and the treatment patterns of various chronic diseases published in the July 2006 issue is presented.
- Gout. Messerli, Franz H.; Makani, Harikrishna; Halpern, Dan // New England Journal of Medicine;5/12/2011, Vol. 364 Issue 19, p1876
A letter to the editor is presented in response to a study which recommended a patient who was having exacerbations of gout despite the use of allopurinol to continue to take hydrochlorothiazide, in the February 3, 2011 issue.
- Gout. Neogi, Tuhina // New England Journal of Medicine;5/12/2011, Vol. 364 Issue 19, p1876
A response by T. Neogi to a letter to the editor about the avoidance of hydrochlorothiazide among patients with gout and untreated hypertension is presented.
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR. Das, Aparna; Choudhury, Minhaj Rahim // Journal of Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons;Sep2011, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p180
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on the treatment of gout and hyperuricemia in the April 2011 issue.
- Uncontrolled Gout. Lisch, Randy; Suzuki, Kazu; Mullen, Barry; Udell, Elliot // Podiatry Management;Feb2008, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p16
Several letters to the editor are presented about the treatment of severe gout in a 60-year-old female patient's feet.
- Gout: Ancient scourge of urate crystals. Gross, Joel S.; Shua-Haim, Joshua R. // Geriatrics;Jul96, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p59
Focuses on the rheumatic condition known as gout. Characteristic symptoms; Treatment modalities.
- Gout: Applying current knowledge. O'Connor, Deborah L. // Patient Care;5/30/1998, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p125
Focuses on measures which can be taken to reduce and prevent acute gout, and minimize chronic arthritic changes. Overview of gout; Diagnosis of this condition; Risks related to diagnostic errors; Joints mostly affected by this condition; Details on joint aspiration; Treatment of this condition....
- Without doubt, it's gout. // New York Amsterdam News;2/25/95, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p14
Deals with gout and offers treatment for this form of arthritis. Overproduction of uric acid or an undersecretion of uric acid from the body; Drug derived from the autumn crocus plant known as colchine; Other recommended nonsteroidal drugs.