Clash of Civilizations
- Profile of Mexican presidential candidate Ernesto Zedillo. Lajous, Roberta // North-South: The Magazine of the Americas;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p10
Profiles Mexican presidential candidate Ernesto Zedillo. Social background; Educational background; Career in the public office; Platform of government; Vision for Mexico; Challenges as presidential candidate.
- Power breakfast with Zedillo. // Business Mexico;Sep1995, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p5
Reports on Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo's meeting with businessmen during his visit to the United States in October 1995 to promote his economic policies. Sponsorship by the Chamber of Commerce of the United States (COSUSA) and American Chamber/Mexico; Broadcast of an interview with Zedillo.
- Mexico bumbles and stumbles... // U.S. News & World Report;2/27/95, Vol. 118 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the plight of Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo and the country he seems unable to govern. Zapatista rebellion in the state of Chiapas; Inability to restore political peace or economic order; The peso's continued fall.
- Remarks at a dinner honoring President Zedillo. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/16/95, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p1806
Presents remarks delivered by United States President Bill Clinton at a dinner honoring President Zedillo. Similarities between Clinton and Zedillo. Zedillo's faith in Mexico.
- Reforms for Mexico. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);1/30/95, Issue 4, p10
Reports on a pact proposed by Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo for election reforms in Mexico.
- Mexico's strength in unity. Zedillo, Ernesto // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p8
Presents a speech by Mexico's president Ernesto Ponce de Leon Zedillo on the importance of unity in building a better country for the children. Challenge in the provision of dignified living conditions to every family; Aim of economic policy; Creation of jobs.
- Crime hits home for Mexico's President. LaFranchi, Howard // Christian Science Monitor;3/27/95, Vol. 87 Issue 83, p7
Reports on the assault on the eldest child of Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo Ponce de Leon by the State of Mexico's Judicial Police. Details of the incident; Possible repercussions of the incident.
- Critics demanded to know. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/2/95, Vol. 87 Issue 131, p2
Probes the Mexican President Zedillo's plans to pay for a development plan that calls for high growth in economy devastated by soaring prices and collapse of its currency. Details of plan.
- Why Mexico keeps hearing the refrain `economic crisis.' LaFranchi, Howard // Christian Science Monitor;9/25/96, Vol. 88 Issue 211, p9
Reports on promises for the economy of Mexico, made by Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo Ponce de Leon during the annual state of the nation address, in the month of September 1996. Reactions of economic experts to Zedillo's statements; Comments from Jesus Esteban Macias, an economist at...