Promotion of traditional lifestyles
- Beyond metropolitan: renal pharmacy study tour. Wagner, Tasma J. // Journal of Pharmacy Practice & Research;Jun2010, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p165
A letter to the editor is presented regarding a so-called Renal Pharmacy Study Tour undertaken to observe the use of renal drug therapy, particularly involving treatment of indigenous peoples of Australia.
- Health Care for the Indigent. Adams, Neil // American Journal of Public Health;Oct89, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p1435
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article relating to health care for the indigent, published in a previous issue of this periodical.
- Indigenous health. Schwalfenberg, Gerry K. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/6/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 6, p592
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the health of indigenous people in regards to food insecurity, birth outcomes, and diabetes epidemiology in the February 23, 2010 issue.
- Digestive and nutritional factors may explain lower prevalence of coronary disease in indigenous peoples. Segall, Jeffrey J // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/23/2003, Vol. 327 Issue 7412, p449
Presents a letter to the editor of "British Medical Journal" for August 23, 2003. View that the report, Health Disparities Experienced by American Indians and Alaska Natives, which was summarised in the BMJ's news section, shows that American Indians and Alaska Natives have a much higher...
- Largest survey on Indigenous health. // Australian Nursing Journal;Apr2013, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p36
The article reports on a survey being undertaken in 2013 by the Australian Bureau of Statistics in an effort to increase knowledge about the health issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
- Health inequality persists for off-reserve Aboriginals. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;8/30/2002, p4
Reports on the persistence of health inequalities between aboriginal people living off-reserve and non-aboriginal people in Canada regardless of socioeconomic and health behavior factors, according to the 2000/01 Canadian Community Health Survey. Health status measures; Lower prevalence of...
- EDITORIAL. Ik�heimo, Tiina // International Journal of Circumpolar Health;2010, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p318
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the health condition of the aboriginal people by T. Kue Young, Susan Chatwood and Rajiv Rawat, obesity and diabetes among circumpolar residents by Marit Eika Jï¿½rgensen and about a cancer research.
- Advancing Indigenous health through medical education. Mazel, O.; Anderson, I. // Focus on Health Professional Education;2011, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented wherein the authors discusses the highlights of the journal's special edition on topics related to Indigenous health and medical education.
- Health issues. Colman, Robyn; Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Mar2003, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p9
Looks at figures from the Australian Bureau of Statistics on health among Indigenous Australians. Differences in immunization rates between Indigenous children and non-Indigenous children; Diabetes risk among the Indigenous people; Budget of the government for Indigenous health in 2004.