- Differences in end of life care in patients who died with dementia during acute hospital admissions. Formiga, Francesc; Pujol, Ramó // Age & Ageing;Jul2006, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p451
The article presents a letter to the editor about medical care received by dying patients with and without dementia in acute medical wards.
- Reply. Sampson, Elizabeth L. // Age & Ageing;Jul2006, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p452
The article presents a response by Elizabeth L. Sampson to a letter to the editor about his article on the differences in medical care received by patients with or withour dementia.
- "Demoralization" and Decisionmaking: Psychiatry Again at the Forefront. // Hastings Center Report;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p7
Presents a letter to the editor in response to Lewis M. Cohen's commentary on an article about the issue of demoralization in end of life decision making.
- Why advance directives matter. Levy, Hillarie // Modern Healthcare;5/12/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p24
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the importance of advance directives on end-of-life decisions in the April 21, 2008 issue.
- The power of grace. Menaul, Robb // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Feb2005, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p12
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "A Matter of Life and Death," by Emily Friedman in the December 8, 2004 issue.
- The Liverpool Care Pathway: its impact on improving the care of the dying. Shah, Sanjay H. // Age & Ageing;Mar2005, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p197
Presents a letter to the editor about the impact of the Liverpool Care Pathway on the improvement of care of dying patients.
- The Liverpool Care Pathway: its impact on improving the care of the dying. Gambles, Maureen; Jack, Barbara; Ellershaw, John // Age & Ageing;Mar2005, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p198
Presents a response by Maureen Gambles, Barbara Jack and John Ellershaw to a letter to the editor about their article "Towards a Good Death: The Impact of the Care of the Dying Pathway in an Acute Stroke Unit," in the 2005 issue of "Age & Ageing."
- Treatment of Pain in Dying Patients. Tucker, Kathryn L. // New England Journal of Medicine;04/23/98, Vol. 338 Issue 17, p1231
A letter to the editor is presented calling for better pain management in the treatment of terminally ill patients.
- Dying and Decision Making. Angelotti, Marietta; Barolet, Lynne Rigney // New England Journal of Medicine;8/5/2004, Vol. 351 Issue 6, p611
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the article "Dying and decision making â€” evolution of end-of-life options," by T. E. Quill, found in the May 13, 2004 issue of the journal.
- Palliative care ward for the elderly. Vardon, V. M.; Efthimiou, Caroline; Twomey, F.; McDowell, D. K.; Corcoran, G. D. // Age & Ageing;Nov2007, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p704
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "End-of-Life Care for Older Patients Dying in an Acute General Hospital: Can We Do Better?," by F. Twomey, D. K. McDowell and G. D. Corcoran.