An economical cure
- Ioban drapes against shunt infections? Haliasos, Nikolaos; Bhatia, Robin; Hartley, John; Thompson, Dominic // Child's Nervous System;Apr2012, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p509
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the use of iodine impregnated drapes (ioban) versus plain standard adhesive drapes or no adhesive drape against shunt infections.
- Betadine, Trabs and Health Reform. Gills, James P.; Fraiser, Ryan; Vazan, David F. // Review of Ophthalmology;Oct2009, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p36
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to various articles in the previous issues including "Iodine: An Elemental Force Against Infection" in the May 2009 issue, "Is it Time to Retire the trabeculectomy?" in the June 2009 issue, and "Health-Care Reform Takes the Summer Stage" in...
- Improving Iodine Intake from Seaweed. // Nutraceutical Business & Technology;May/Jun2012, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on the confirmation regarding the bioavailability of Algea AS' iodine supplement for the human body.
- Nutritional gap. Lansley, Peter // New Scientist;9/13/2014, Vol. 223 Issue 2986, p32
A letter to the editor is presented in response to a special report on vitamins from the August 30, 2014 issue.
- A simple cure for an age-old problem. E.B. // Medical Update;Feb97, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p3
Focuses on iodine as effective cure for persons suffering from goiter. Characteristics of individuals with goiter; Role of the thyroid gland in regulating various physiologic functions of the body.
- Iodine-131. // Reactions Weekly;5/1/2010, Issue 1299, p21
The article describes the case of a 70-year-old woman, who received iodine-131 for a multinodular goitre but developed Graves' disease.
- Iodine-131. // Reactions Weekly;12/10/2011, Issue 1381, p16
The article describes the case of a 59-year-old man with thyroid cancer and pulmonary metastases who developed restrictive pulmonary disease after receiving two iodine-131 doses.
- Iodine-131. // Reactions Weekly;3/12/2011, Issue 1342, p20
The article describes the case of a 33-year-old woman who was found to have fetal hypothyroidism following in utero exposure to iodine-131.
- Radiation oncology. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS89
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `The use of postoperative thyroid scans to guide 131-iodine dosing for thyroid ablation,' by D. Hodgson et al.