- Convenient method for determination of optical purity of chiral alcohols and amines. Nesterov, V.; Grishkun, E.; Kolodyazhnyi, O. // Russian Journal of General Chemistry;Dec2004, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p1947
Presents a letter to the editor on a convenient method for determination of optical purity of chiral alcohols and amines.
- Response to AlAmeel. Laine, Loren; Jensen, Dennis M; McQuaid, Kenneth R // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct2012, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p1591
A response by the author to a letter to the editor about his article related to the randomized clinical trials of absolute alcohol in the previous issue is presented.
- Letters. Williams, Don; Gibson, David; Brain, Martin; Fathers, Ben; Johnson, Lindsay // Marketing (00253650);7/21/2004, p31
Presents letters to the editor related to marketing. Comment on alcohol heritage; Discussion on ethnography; Challenges to the electronic communication.
- AirWaves. Brown, Geoff; G. Y.; Smalling, Charles; Agner, Augusto; Maheux, Randy; D. C.; McKinney, George // Model Airplane News;May2009, Vol. 137 Issue 5, p14
Several letters to the editor is presented in response to the articles in previous issues including "Let's Talk Giant Scale," by John Glezelis in the April 2009 issue, an issue regarding the effectiveness of alcohol as a solution for gasoline engine flyers, and the use of Monokote and CA glue in...
- LETTERS. Garcia, Andres; Wolcott, Duane K.; Morgan, George H.; DeRienze, Bruce; Fletcher, John; Zielinski, Stanley J. // Machine Design;11/20/2008, Vol. 80 Issue 22, p12
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "What's hot? Not ethanol," in the August 7, 2008 issue, "Ethanol's the Answer?," in the October 9, 2008 issue and "Solar production shifts into high gear," in the September 11, 2008 issue.
- Sleep related violence, alcohol and sleepwalking. Ebrahim, Irshaad; Fenwick, Peter // Brain: A Journal of Neurology;Nov2012, Vol. 135 Issue 11, pe219
No abstract available.
- Recent advances in ABE fermentation: hyper-butanol producing Clostridium beijerinckii BA101. Qureshi, N; Blaschek, HP // Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology;Nov2001, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p287
This is an overview of the mutant strain Clostridium beijerinckii BA101 which produces solvents (acetone-butanol-ethanol, ABE) at elevated levels. This organism expresses high levels of amylases when grown on starch. C. beijerinckii BA101 hydrolyzes starch effectively and produces solvent in the...
- Who Really Benefits From Ethanol? Libecap, Gary D. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Aug2003, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p20
Reprints the article "Who Really Benefits From Ethanol," by Gary D. Libecap, which appeared from the June 2003 issue of "PERC Reports."
- The Fun Police are right on minimum alcohol pricing. Grimm, Carsten // Pulse;4/11/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 13, p12
The article argues on the excessive drinking of alcohol by the people and urges for minimum pricing for alcohol.