Is the periodic repetition of a coagulation check necessary during anti-hepatitis C virus therapy?
- In Reply. Kratz, Alexander; Stanganelli, Nancy; Van Cott, Elizabeth M. // Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine;Nov2006, Vol. 130 Issue 11, p1600
A response by Alexander Kratz, Nancy Stanganelli and Elizabeth M. Van Cott to a letter to the editor about their article " A Comparison of glass and plastic blood coagulation tubes for routine and specialized coagulation assays: a comprehensive study," is presented.
- Controlling the hemorrhage of routine coagulation tests. Fox, Gary N.; Fox, G N // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;5/23/90, Vol. 263 Issue 20, p2749
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article 'Routine Use of the Prothrombin and Partial Thromboplastin Times,' by Stephen B. Erban, J. L. Kinman and J. S. Schwartz in a 1989 issue of the 'Journal of the American Medical Association.'
- Controlling the Hemorrhage of Routine Coagulation Tests. Erban, Stephen B. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;5/23/90, Vol. 263 Issue 20, p2750
Presents a response by Stephen B. Erban to a letter to the editor about his article 'Routine Use of the Prothrombin and Partial Thromboplastin Times,' in a 1989 issue of the 'Journal of the American Medical Association.'
- Diagnostic Uses of the Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time and Prothrombin Time. Suchman, Anthony L.; Griner, Paul F. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jun86, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p810
Presents information on the activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) and the prothrombin time (PT) tests which are used to assess blood coagulation. Value of APTT and PT in several clinical situations; Recommendations on the use of APTT and PT; Concentrations of plasma coagulation factors...
- blood coagulation test:. Huber, Jeffrey T.; Gillaspy, Mary L. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of AIDS-Related Terminology;2000, p39
A definition of the term "blood coagulation test" is presented.
- Standardizing the prothrombin time: Calibrating coagulation instruments as well as thromboplastin. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;9/8/93, Vol. 270 Issue 10, p1184
Presents an abstract on the comparison of prothrombin time and international normalized ratio. Warfarin dose; High correlation; Instrumentation effect; Need for calibration of coagulation instruments and thromboplastins to standardize warfarin therapy; Publication by Daniel M. Becker et al. in...
- LOWDOWN ON LIVER TESTS. // Cortlandt Forum;02/25/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p75
Focuses on the use of liver/spleen scan and prothrombin time to assess liver function. Reliability of liver enzyme panel and bilirubin determination.
- Implementing a standardized POCT coagulation system. West, Mitch; Ebey, Barbara; Wobb, Deborah; Woods, Mark; Holtwick, James J.; Meyer, Lynda S.; Clark, Karen S. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Jun2001, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p28
Provides information on the standardization of a point of care testing system for blood coagulation. Background on the Hemochron Activated Clotting Time; Details on comparative evaluations; Clinician concerns. INSET: The importance of ACT.
- Tips from the clinical expert. Determination of MNPT and INR. Xu, Ming // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Jul2011, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p32
The article presents questions and answers related to medical laboratory including n-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide (NT-pro BNP) test with less blood sample, acceptable time range for phlebotomy laboratory tests, and the criteria for determining mean normal prothrombin time (MNPT) and...