Immunonutrition enhances the expression and secretion of mouse intestinal defensins
- The Role of the Immune System and Infection in the Effects of Psychological Factors on the Cardiovascular System. Sher, Leo // Canadian Journal of Psychiatry;Nov1998, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p954
A letter to the editor that discusses the role of the immune system and infection in the effects of psychological factors on the cardiovascular system is presented.
- Comment on Vicki Brower's article 'Harnessing the immune system to battle Alzheimer's' in EMBO reports, March 2002. Münch, Gerald; Robinson, Phen R. // EMBO Reports;May2002, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p392
Presents a letter to the editor related to harnessing the immune system to battle Alzheimer's disease.
- Activated innate immune system in irritable bowel syndrome? Langhorst, J.; Wieder, A.; Michalsen, A.; Musial, F.; Dobos, G J.; Rueffer, A. // Gut;Sep2007, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p1325
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about the activated innate immune system in irritable bowel syndrome.
- AGING AND IMMUNE FUNCTION. Harrison, David E. // BioScience;May1976, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p304
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Aging and Immune Function" by William Adler in the October 1975 issue.
- Immune recovery disease: a case of interstitial keratitis and tonic pupil following bone marrow transplantation. Woodruff, G.; Loannidis, A. S.; Forrest, M.; Nischal, K. K.; Veys, P.; Davies, E. G. // British Journal of Ophthalmology;Dec2004, Vol. 88 Issue 12, p1601
Presents a letter to the editor about immune recovery disease.
- In utero exposure to methyl isocyanate in the Bhopal gas disaster: evidence of persisting hyperactivation of immune system two decades later. Mishra, P. K.; Dabadghao, S.; Modi, G. K.; Desikan, P.; Jain, A.; Mittra, I.; Gupta, D.; Chauhan, C.; Jain, S. K.; Maudar, K. K. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Apr2009, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p279
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "In Utero Exposure to Methyl Isocyanate in the Bhopal gas Disaster: Evidence of Persisting Hyperactivation of Immune System two Decades Later" in the previous issue.
- Syndromes not diseases. Davis, John A. // New Scientist;1/8/2005, Vol. 185 Issue 2481, p24
Presents a letter to the editor on the induction of psychosis by immune reactions, published in this issue of the periodical.
- How important is immune memory to invertebrates? Fellous, Simon // Nature;2/8/2007, Vol. 445 Issue 7128, p593
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the essay "Care for the community," published in the journal " Nature," issue 445,153; of 2007.
- PROMPT TREATMENT IS VITAL FOR BACTERIAL MENINGITIS. Jones, Anne // Nursing Standard;1/14/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p33
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article published in the December 17, 2008 issue on the immune system.
- Letters: White spots on nails and zinc deficiency. Grant, Ellen // GP: General Practitioner;12/10/2004, p25
Presents a letter to the editor about nails and zinc deficiency, which can cause white spots.